Monday, May 28, 2012

NO MORE TIME OUTS. TIME TO SAY, "GAME OVER!"


Cue Your Way Is Better by Shawn Bigby…woo woo woo you know it!

Time outs. A time out in sports stops play on the field or court for a limited of time and then you go back and play the same game. So it’s literally taking a breather to strategize on how you’re going to play the game better.

Game over. Game over is a phrase to signal that the end. End meaning that you cannot go back to change what you did in that game.

Some of us have been taking a bunch of time outs on our habitual sins. Taking this time out and that time out. Taking breaks thinking we are delivered, than when the whistle blows, we’re right back in the game. We’re like fish swimming in water. When the bait is thrown out, we bite and then get hooked. For some of us it’s the same bait every time. Falling in the same trap. As I was in prayer I heard it said that, no more time outs. No more breaks. It’s time to say to your habits, game over. Time to say to your habits, I’m not playing this game anymore.

Stop hitting reset. Stop hitting the reset button on the game after the game is over. Once the game is over, stop playing. It’s ok not to take the bait thrown your way. Believe me, the bait is enticing, but is it worth it? Fish bite the bait because it looks good but then end up getting hooked and cooked. I’ve fallen for the same bait for years. Game over. I’m not playing that game anymore. Don’t get me wrong, the bait will look good. So good that you want to take a nibble. Don’t take the nibble. You keep nibbling; you’ll going to want the buffet. Game over.

Proverbs 26:11 says, “As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.” Folly is a foolish act, idea, or practice. We’ve been letting the devil make us look like fools for too long. Game over. I said let because the devil only has the power that you give him. Game over.

I got my wakeup call at work when my boss asked me to say a prayer for her when I go to church on Sunday because she can’t go because she’s working. Then my co-worker asked for prayer. That’s when it hit me, I got to say game over to some of the stuff I play with. I can’t play games with the devil then try to pray for folk. Game over.

I got dreams that I’ve been sitting on for too long. Expecting them to come to me instead of going to them. Game over. I got my wakeup call through a comment on youtube. I got to chase the dream. I got to chase for what I want. I can pray and pray to God that God I want this and I want that, as we should. We should pray for the specifics we want, but when God opens the door for you to get it, we don’t get it. It’s time to get it. Get your dreams. Get your career. Get your relationship. Get it! Game over for sitting.

Philippians 3:14 says, “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” You can’t press while doing nothing. If you’re going to press, you got to move. The Contemporary English Version of that same verse says, “I run toward the goal, so I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.” Running requires moving. Pressing requires movement. In order to get it, you got to move.

Game over.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
@Big_Dusty on Twitter
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!