Friday, May 25, 2012

WHY YOU POINTING ALL THEM FINGERS?

Aaaaaaaaaand cue He Keeps Blessing by Vincent Tharpe and Kenosis! Aaaaaaaaaaaaand on to the blog!

Dusty is taking over. It started in the 7th grade. Now it's even gone to my job. I'm not kidding. My manager is calling me Dusty because there's another Daniel on the team. How awesome is that? What's next? Coffee cups? T-Shirts? Milk Cartons? That's right!! Y'all better get on the bandwagon now. It's going to be good.

Don't let a title put you on a pedestal. We got people using they're titles to point fingers. Ever heard that phrase when  you're pointing at somebody you got three fingers pointing back at you? Pointing fingers does nothing but make you look more guilty. Some of us get up on our own personal pulpit and point and point when...what are we doing? What are we doing to set the example of what not to do? How are we reacting to situations while at the same time we'll telling other people how to react? How are we handling this recession while at the same time we'll telling other people how to react? How are we living when we're telling others how to live? What's done in the dark...

Actions speak louder than words. So if I'm going to tell y'all to keep the faith and don't give up, I can't be putting statuses up on Facebook like, "I don't know how much longer..." Or tweeting something like, "This is getting too much to handle..." If I'm going to tell you to let go and let God, I can't put a facebook statuses, "If God don't do something quick..." Or tweet something like, "There's no way that..." How you react to things on Facebook and Twitter is how people look at you in real life. Mixing trust in God statuses with nobody knows the trouble I see tweets...what are we as your followers and friends supposed to think about you?

Not everybody got to know how you feel. We all going to feel down and out. Feeling that way, doesn't give you the right to spread negativity. You'll be amazed what one little speck of light can do in the midst of darkness. Some of us are so in the dark that any light would probably blind us. I hear the old song that says, "Look where He's brought me from. He's brought me out of darkness into the marvelous light." So how you going to facebook and tweet about God then go right around and tweet in the dark? Kurt Carr said, "Whatever you do, don't let your light go out!" Don't worry about the light bill, Jesus got that under control.

Don't get me wrong. Life is real. Life is rough. Life is raw. I'm know that from personal experience. And I've been guilty of tweeting light and hours later tweeting darkness. Now is the time to pick the side that you're going to be on. Are you going to live to see or are you going to live blind? Are you going to live in the light or are you going to live in the dark? Are you going to live in positivity or negativity? Are you going to live the example or are you going to live pointing your fingers? The choice is yours.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!