The rules are:
-thank the person that gave you the award.
-tell seven things about yourself
-award other bloggers whose blogs inspire you
-contact the other bloggers and let them know they have received the award!
Thank you Mahina! I try my best to keep it real on my blogs, and I'm glad you enjoy them.
1. I don't go to the gym. It's not because of the work outs or anything like that. I am willing to do the work to lose weight, but I will never become prejudice against fat people like most Americans have become. I may be letting too much out the bag, but the reason I don't go to the gym is because of temptation. Temptation as far as seeing athletic women wearing what they wear, and me trying to focus on what I'm supposed to do. I compare it with a guy that is trying to stop drinking. The last thing he should do is go to a bar or a club, right?
2. I sweat a lot. I like to call it generational because both my dad and my mom sweat profusely. When I'm singing in the choir or leading a song, I tend to sweat a lot, and you can't imagine how many people worry about me because of it. I always tell them I'm fine. This is what I do. I sweat. That's not to say that sometimes I don't get dizzy and weak when I sing, but sweating has nothing to do with that.
3. I love comedy, specifically comedy that's before my time. That's not to say that some of today's comedy isn't funny because I do like some of the stuff today, but it's something about the old style of Dean and Jerry, Three Stooges, Red Button, Don Rickles, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, Abbott and Costello, and there's probably more that I'm forgetting. I was born in 1987, and I'm naming comedians that were at their best in the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Crazy isn't it?
4. I'm a big kid. At any time you can find me watching Disney movies like Great Mouse Detective and 101 Dalmatians, or old cartoons like Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry, or nickelodeon shows like Spongebob and Kenan and Kel. I can watch shows like those and still laugh.
5. I mentioned before that I loved comedy. I also love to find comedy in various situations. If the opportunity is open to throw a quick line in to make somebody laugh, I'm liable to say it. Not only do I love to laugh, but I love to make others laugh. Ask any comedian and they'll tell you that it's a high to hear people laugh. I don't consider my self a comedian by any stretch. I consider my self a clown.
6. I'm the first one to criticize myself. I guess you can say that I'm a perfectionist. Especially when it comes to music. If I'm singing on the wrong key, or playing the wrong beat on the drums, I beat myself up about it. I know it's a fault, but it's a fault that I can't help. The worse comes when I'm leading a song. When I mess up on an ad-lib or a run, you can see the frustration on my face. I know that I'm not singing to people, I'm singing for Jesus, but again, I can't help it. Don't even get me started about watching myself on youtube...
7. I'm a huge fan of documentaries. I love watching or reading stories about the background of my favorite entertainers. I love learning the true background on what happened in the world that made an impact. Professional Wrestling documentaries are my favorite to watch. Great stories.
Now, I award:
TJ - A real student of the Bible, and very passionate about the Gospel
Kayla - She hasn't blogged in a while, but she's an awesome writer. Also she's random to boot. Nothing wrong with randomness...
I guess that's it. Thanks for reading everyone!
Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty