Tuesday, June 05, 2012

DO THE MIAMI HEAT REALLY WANT TO WIN?


Cue Laugh At My Pain by Kevin Hart. Watching that while blogging. I’m going NBA Playoffs on this one…

I’m a Heat fan. I’ve been a Heat fan since I found out Rafer Alston played for them some time ago. Then I found out about Wade. A year later, Shaq joined the team. They win a championship a year after Shaq joins the Heat. All before Lebron made “The Decision.” This for those who call me a bandwagon fan.

As I’m typing this Heat are down 3-2 to the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. Why? Well I do have my thoughts. One? Lack of heart and passion. You watch Miami play, and they play like the Celtics are supposed to let them win. When Celtics start competing, Heat don’t know what to do. Here’s the thing. Boston is barely beating the Heat. Heat should be up 3-2. I’m even crazy enough to believe that this series should be over right now, and Heat should be preparing for the Thunder or the Spurs. With lack of passion, lack of heart, lack of defense, Heat find themselves staring down a win or go home situation.

Now, people want to blame the Heat coach, Eric Spoelstra. Is Spoelstra the best coach in the world? No. But even if you had the best coach in the world, how do you coach hard headed “superstars” that don’t listen. Ask Phil Jackson during that last year with the Lakers, and come back when you’re done. All through the game, Eric was telling the team to move the ball. What did we get? Mostly isolation plays which came with mostly bricks. When they moved the ball, that’s when most of the buckets came. Simple.

Rondo, who’s about 3 or 4 feet tall, got his own rebounds. Is that Eric’s fault? He’s not in the game. The coach shouldn’t have to tell you to fight for the ball in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals on Game 5. If you have to be told to play hard and fight for the ball during this stage of the season, you shouldn’t even be on the court.

Heat were playing like they were scared to get hurt on both offense and defense. Taking stupid jump shots, and playing little to no defense at all. It was hard to watch as a Heat fan. Heck it was hard to watch as a basketball fan. It was pathetic. Heat should have won Game 5. Boston took it from them.

As much as I don’t like Rondo, the man is a born leader. He’s going to be a force to be reckoned with in this league for years to come. Heat on the underhand was led on the court at all. Lebron and Wade did no leading whatsoever. Are you kidding me? In the Eastern Conference Finals? Embarrassing. Pathetic.

Again this is being type what after Heat gave Game 5 away to the Celtics so as of right now I don’t know what happened in Game 6 or if there will be a Game 7. What I do know is, Heat need to get that championship strut. Boston has it. OKC has it. Heat? Not so much, which is sad because Wade is a champion.

I’m still a Heat fan don’t get me wrong, but I also keep it real. Heat are not going to be champions until they really want it.

Stay Saved,
Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!