Wednesday, May 02, 2012

LOVE YOURSELF...VALUE YOURSELF...


Cue Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder! We going old school with this one baby!!! Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty and friend me on Facebook.com/bigdusty (btw, let me know if I should make a fan page…) To the blog!!

You got to love yourself. You got to speak well of yourself. Stop waiting on other people to validate you. Value yourself. You talk bad about yourself on all these social networks. Stop! You are valuable. You are somebody. You degrade yourself, then you expect others to degrade you, and there goes your self esteem. Upgrade yourself. So somebody calls you ugly. People call me ugly all the time. It used to mess me up. Now, not so much. I am who I am. I’m not Michael Ealy. I’m not Will Smith. No. I’m Daniel Richerson. There it is.

If you don’t love yourself, how do you expect someone else to? If you don’t value you, how to you expect to be valued? Be happy with yourself. God made you who you are. I’m fat. I’m not necessarily proud of that, but I don’t beat myself up about it either. Why? For one I can still wear a shirt without the bottom of my gut showing itself to the world, and I can still wear pants over my belly. And two, compared to other folks I see on a daily, I’m not that big. Don’t get me wrong. Valuing yourself, doesn’t mean showing off your goodies to the world. Common sense has to play a factor here. Like if you’re fat, and you know you’re fat, wear clothes that fit. Stop wearing clothes that look like it’s struggling to breath. That’s sad when your clothes look like it’s struggling to stay together. Anyway, basically what I’m saying folks, valuing yourself is not degrading yourself.

Stop calling yourself out of who you are. Stop calling yourself out what God had called you to be. Stop speaking negative over yourself waiting for that one girl or guy to see value in you. If I waited for a girl to validate me that was not family, I wouldn’t have made it this far in life. Speak over yourself what you want others to say about you. I know it doesn’t matter what people say, but when people do say, what would you want them to say? Stop saying you’re alright, when you want somebody to say, you’re fine. Stop saying you’re decent, when you want somebody to say, that’s what I’m talking bout. Stop calling yourself a failure, when you want to be called a winner. Stop calling yourself a nothing, when you want people to call you a child of God.

I heard a pastor say one time, “You got to see it, before you see it if you’re ever going to see it.” I see that I’m successful. I see that I’m healed. I see that I’m handsome. I see that I’m not a generational curse. I see that my dreams coming true. I see that I am loved. Now, that’s I’ve spoken it. What’s next? Live it. Live what you speak. I can speak it all I want, but if I don’t live it, then what am I doing?

Hey, mistakes will be made. Trust me, I still make them. Speed bumps slow you down, but they don’t stop you from making it to your goal. Don’t beat yourself up. See yourself doing better. See yourself moving forward. See yourself going over your speed bumps and getting to your goal. Always remember that God loves you. God loved you when nobody cared at all. If you’re like me, you don’t know why He loves you so much. I’m just keeping it real. When you know you’ve messed up and yet still God makes ways out of no way? That’s heavy stuff. God sees you better. If God sees me better, then I can see myself better.

Stay Saved,

Big Dusty aka Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!