Friday, January 02, 2009

First Blog of the new year

So, it's now 2009. We made it. We all need to be thankful. Some people calling 2008 the best year ever as far as sports goes. 2008 was an historic year. Micheal Phelps handled business in the Olympics. USA redeemed itself as the dominant country in basketball. We got the first mixed Presidential-elect. Yeah yeah, I know people saying he's black. Let me explain something, one of his parents was white, the other was black. Therefore he's mixed. 2008 is behind us, and now we got 2009 to look forward to. Now the question is, are we going to go through 2009 with the same crutches we had in 2008? Are we going to let the same issues and habits from 2008 control us in 2009? Or are we going to let go of all that and let God have his way?

As most of y'all know, I'm a little bit on the heavy side. Society would say that I need to lose weight to become "healthier." I was thinking about that. Now I would love to lose weight, but do I want to lose the weight for the right reason? Do I want to lose the weight for me, or do I want to lose the weight to be accepted by society? Do I want to lose the weight for my on health, or do I want to lose the weight to somehow have a better chance of finding the "better half?" Basically what I'm saying is, what ever change you want to make, weather it's a short term or long term change, do it for yourself. Don't let society or the media inspire you to make your life changing decisions. If you want to lose weight, do it for you. Now when you lose weight and people that wouldn't give you the time of day when you were fat try to be your friend, be careful. Me personally, I wouldn't let them in. I'd let them know that they didn't me the time of day when I was fat, now that I'm fit, you want to be my friend. The devil is a liar.

So I know this is pretty short compared to other blogs, but it's the first of the new year. Hope y'all have a safe and prosperous 2009. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!