Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas to one and all!

So I'm seeing all this "Christmas cheer" going around and I guess it's a good thing. People being nice to each other. People acting like they got some sense, ok some acting like hey got some sense. Now really, shouldn't it be like this everyday? Shouldn't we be nice to each other, everyday? Why does it have to be just Christmas for us to feel all cheerful? Oh yeah that's right because the "secular world" has programmed us to hate life and hate ourselves except on Holidays. At least that's what it seems like to me. Another thing I want to get off my chest is this whole "X-Mas" thing. I understand it takes up less space, but to me it's real disrespectful to the reason of the season which is Jesus. Before I go further, to any Bible Scholars out there don't even bother because my dad already told me. The point is, I feel, is that X-Mas is taking the Christ out of the Holiday. I know people feel no harm from it, but I really take it personal when I see all these, "Merry X-Mas" going around. And some are from Christians, which is mind boggling to me. There's a song that I used to listen to all the time that talks about the world needs to know that Christ is Christmas. Some of you may not think is a big deal, but it is to me, and I feel it should be to other Christians and "Christians" out there.

So it's 3:18 on Christmas morning as I'm typing. In about 4 hours we're going to be opening our gifts, then we're going to be heading off to my Grandma's house. Odds are I probably won't be going to bed tonight. It would be a waste of time if I do. I didn't say I wasn't going to sleep, but the odds of getting a good sleep is slim to none. Anyway, the reason I'm even up right now is because my mom wanted me to put music on her mp3 player. So after I added all the songs mom wanted, I shuffled the list. Then when I tried to sync the list, it jacked up the order I had it in. So I had to stop the sync, add the songs back on, shuffle again to my liking, save it as a playlist, then get to syncing only to have it jack the list up again, then stopped the sync again, added the playlist I saved, and finally got it to sync the way I wanted it to. AND, I still got a mix cd or cds to burn to listen to on the way to Grandma's house. Merry Christmas to me, I guess.

Word to the wise, if you wear a du-rag, don't put it on to tight. I had my du-rag on so tight last night, that there's still a mark on my forehead now. People at church kept asking me what happened. Thinking about it now I should've just made up some stories. Of course that would be lying, and as we all know, lying is wrong.

You know, if I ever find the one girl made for me, I want everything to be just perfect. Well as perfect as it can be. I don't want to go out on dates with her. Now the reason I say that is because, the way dating is used now, it's nothing but a make-out session that usually leads to bumping and grinding. I just want to be friends. Before any of y'all think it, I know the term, "Let's be friends," is usually a bad thing, but does it really have to be? I would want my wife to be my best friend. Being best friends, would mean that I we would have conversations. We wouldn't flirt with temptation, like I talked about in the previous blog. I don't know. And personally, I would want the first kiss to be on the Wedding Day. None of that making out crap, because to me that's flirting with temptation. I hear some people talking about making out and dating, and they treat it like they're trying on girls like trying on some jeans to see how they fit. Is that really classy? Does it really take for you to swap spit with like 10 girls to realize that you found the right one? I don't want to go through that. I would want the wedding to be pure as can be. Nobody is perfect, and I understand. But I serve a God...

Ok, so let me get to making this mix CD for the road, and try to rest my eyes for a smidge. Y'all thanks for reading. I know theres other blogs you could've read but you chose to read mine and it's appreciated. I hope you make time to comment and subscribe. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!