Friday, January 09, 2009

Lord, whatever you're doing in this season, please don't do it without me

I think the title is what we all should long for. Whatever God is doing in this season, I don't want to be left out. None of us should want to be left out. If you're sick and God is healing process, you don't want to be left out. If you're been waiting on an answer from God, and He is blessing in this season, you don't want to be left out. I didn't want to dwell on this. This song just popped in my head and I just wanted to share. That's my prayer every night. Lord, whatever you're doing in this season, please don't do it without me.

So if I'm on your buddy list on AIM, AOL Instant Messenger, you notice my status says, "Man if I didn't have a friend in Jesus I'd be a lonely dude." That's truly how I feel sometimes. I don't want to repeat myself but in a blog I wrote about a month ago, I talked about how it used to be with me back in the day with the friends I had at the apartment complex I was living at. If you want to read it, the blog is titled, "yo yo yo yo, yo, YO!" Seriously, that's the title. Don't judge me. But yeah, that's something I thank God for is being a friend when it seems like nobody else is there. I'm not trying to make y'all feel sorry for me or anything, I'm just stating facts.

Now changing the subject all together because I'm random like that. What's up with the media all up on Obama's kids? I know most of the media are classless, but leave the kids out of it. All the Obama haters, I'm hoping your classy enough to not bring the kids into it. I don't want to know what Obama's daughters are having for lunch, it's not my business. It's not any of our business. I know there are slow news days, but I seriously doubt that the news is so slow that you got to discuss the Obama daughters going to school in the morning and eating lunch at school. I did that for 13 years, how come I didn't get news coverage? A lot of kids still do go to school and eat lunch without news coverage. Let the kids be kids. Say what you want about Obama, but leave the kids out. That's just low.

So I was checking out this internet radio station, SpaceCoastFM.com. First of all let me say that if you're a fan of reggae music, check out www.spacecoastfm.com. Anyway, I was just listening, and all of the sudden the dj said that a song called, "You Got It Bad" was coming on. I thought nothing of it. Then the artist starting singing the same lyrics from Usher's song, "You Got It Bad." Y'all they made a reggae version of that song. Some songs don't need to be remixed, especially to a reggae beat. I left the site out of the disgust and confusion.

Before the year 2009 showed it's head, my sister and I went to see the Brad Pitt movie, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." From IMDB.com, "Tells the story of Benjamin Button, a man who starts aging backwards with bizarre consequences." Anyway, my sister and I truly enjoyed this movie. Brad Pitt is brilliant, but I think that Taraji P. Henson really shined. She really made the most of her part. The movie really told a good story, and I'd recommend if you haven't seen it to go and see it. If I was Ebert and Roper, I'd give it 2 thumbs up.

Speaking of critics, what's with all the hate for Tyler Perry? Is it because he's black? Is it because his first movie was number 1? Is it because he makes movies cause he can and not because he has to? Is it because he doesn't show his movies to critics before he releases it? Is it because he gives back and he keeps it real with his fans? Is it because his sitcom, House of Payne, is the highest rated cable sitcom of all time? Is it because he's actually a good man? Is it because he pushes the name of Jesus in his movies? I mean what is it? Me personally I'm a huge fan of Tyler. From his plays to his movies, I like 'em all. Ok most of them, but I tell him on his messageboard on his website what I like and don't like on his messageboar on his website, which he reads by the way.

Ok, I'm going to watch the rest of this basketball game on ESPN. Thanks for taking time to read this. Please share your thoughts and comments on what I wrote. Please subscribe. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!