Saturday, January 24, 2009

Addiction is a heck of a thing

Addiction is a heck of a thing. If you don't control it, it will control you. Sometimes you think you've broke the addiction, but you haven't killed the source of the problem. So you go from day to day doing what's right. You're praying constantly, you're fasting, and you're reading the Bible. Again you haven't killed the source. One day you're searching through the internet and you see one link, one word, one picture...the specific thing that triggers the addiction you thought you killed. All of the sudden you're back in a funk. You're back to hiding and driving everybody away just to satisfy your fleshly desires. We try to crucify our flesh, but do we really know what that means? Or do we really know how to do it? If we don't kill the source of the habit, addiction, or what ever the problem is, we'll never get rid of the addiction. That means if we have to stop watching certain programs on television, so be it. If that means we have to stop going to certain sites, so be it. It's like you're trying to lose weight. You know you got to sacrifice certain foods. In essence you got to sacrifice what's feeding your addiction, but unlike most diets, no free day.

So my right ear has been giving me trouble for the past number of days. It's not infected or anything, it's just full of wax. All and all, make sure you clean your ears daily. The wax will build up. You can't imagine how hard it is to sing in the right key, while you can't hear out of one ear. It's annoying. Wednesday night at church, I went up with the choir, and when I started singing, I could literally hear my voice in my head. At some point, I stopped singing all together bercause of how annoying the sound of my voice was in my head. By the way, if you comment the blog and you coment about my voice being annoying, I'll consider that judging.

As like last week, I'm writing this blog by pencil and paper, and then I'm going to transfer to the lap-top. I'm sitting here thinking of what else to put down, and Ginger, my dog, is begging to me to take her out. I don't know how, but I think Ginger knows how cute she is. That has to be how she gets me to take her out early in the morning because if she was an ugly dog, I don't think she'd have the same luck. Either way, I'm going to take Ginger out and end this blog. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!