Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Comments This Year Yet, But I'm Still Coming Strong

When I started thinking about this blog, that title came to me. I feel disappointed when I get no comments, but with the subscribers and followers, I at least know they're being read. Luke 6:31 says in the Message Bible, "Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!" That's why I try to comment all the blogs I read because i want comments myself. Now, when I comment celebrity blogs, I don't expect them to comment my blogs, but you'll never know what will happen. The same thing with the podcasts. I haven't got any comments on a podcast this year either, but besides getting down about it, I keep them coming because I know people are listening to them. How do I know that? Well because most of the podcast I've do has made it to the top 10 of the charts on SoundClick in my category. With my videos also. Most of my videos get little to no comments, but I do my best to comment other videos. So do i want comments? Yes. Can I live without them? Yes.

As I was reading up yesterday in the Bible, I found something interesting. 1 Peter 2:13-17 in the Message Bible says, "Make the Master proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, what ever their level; they are God's emissaries for keeping order. It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you're a danger to society,. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking rules. Greet everyone you meet with dignity. Love your Spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government." So notice it didn't say that you had to agree with them, but it said respect them. I think we need to set a standard for the next generation by respecting authority. We all know that our leaders are far from perfect, but we still need to respect them. This generation has a bad rap for not respecting authority. Now sometimes we want to be anti-authority because some authority is not good authority, but the Bible says, "The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." That's found in Exodus 14:14.

So I just watched most of Saturday Night Live, and I was disappointed. I went in with high expectations because Steve Martin was hosting, and he's a SNL legend. The show overall was brutal as all get out. The final straw for me was a brutal performance by Steve Martin where he was playing the banjo with his band singing about going to school. I watched with my jaw on the floor thinking, "Are you kidding me?"

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'll be back next week. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!