Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eddie Murphy's last good movie, and more...

Shabuya!! What's up y'all? Coming at ya drinking decaf coffee. It's not bad. Of course it has some added sugar in it so I'm still going to be a bit WIRED! I watched Dreamgirls earlier today and sadly it's the last good movie Eddie Murphy has made thus far. Meet Dave was ok, but it left a lot to be desired. Norbit was just trash. Eddie Murphy's movies usually all have funny moments, not Norbit. I couldn't even laugh at Kat Williams or Eddie Griffin. If you haven't seen Norbit, you didn't miss anything. Imagine That I think has potential to be funny, but it's still not the Eddie we fans want to see. The premise to his movie A Thousand Words has potential to be hilarious, but we shall see. I didn't see Shrek The Third, and I understand that he's recorded voice overs for Shrek Goes Fourth. I just wish that Eddie didn't have to depend on animation to make a good movie, you know?

This past Friday night was night one of a Women's Conference the church was having and it was fire. We as a music department pierced the atmosphere that I think lingered throughout the rest of the service. Everything was done decent and in order. We, the choir, sang a song called Capacity by Jonathan Nelson. Part of the song goes like this, "God erupt inside of me. Inhale, exhale, freely breathe into me. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe on me." So after we finished, the speaker of the evening got up and led us into another go around. Then she started preaching. Oh my goodness. It was like mixing the preaching styles of Juanita Bynum and Marvin Sapp. I can't remember exactly what she spoke about, but I do remember that she talked about needing the Holy Ghost. The altar call was amazing as well. It was just a great night and I can't wait to see what Sunday Morning has in store.

The NFL Draft was tonight. No I didn't watch it, but I followed through twitter. I did however watch the NBA Playoffs. First was the Nuggets vs Hornets. At the beginning, I thought it was going to be a blowout by the Nuggets, then the Hornets came back and it turned out to be a good, close game. Then it was Spurs vs Mavericks. I don't care for either team, but I can say that I dislike the Spurs more than I dislike the Mavs. Tim Duncan would seem like a better player to me if he would stop whining. You're going to get called for a foul, it happens to everybody who plays in the league. Anyway, the Spurs lost by 9. The player I'm starting to like on the Mavs is Jose Barea. That little joker can ball. If he keeps playing like he's playing, look out for the Mavs in the playoffs. Now to the game I cared most about, Miami Heat played Atlanta Hawks. Heat dominated! Wade played in another dimension. Look out for the Heat in the East. They could go further than what other people think.

I know I haven't put on a video in a couple of weeks, and that's my bad. I can't think of anything. Also I mentioned twitter. You can follow me on twitter @BigDusty864. Cheap plug, ftw!

I did a podcast the other night. Go to soundclick.com/bigdusty and check out the masterpiece!! Ok it's not that great, but check it out anyway, will ya please?

Next week, I plan on ordering my first iPod!! Well that's exciting for me...

After I finish this, imma go back and work on my story. I'm trying my best not to get slacking on this. That's a bad habit that has cost me not to finish most of the stories I've written. BTW the new story can be read at bigdstories.blogspot.com

I think that's about all I got for this week. Be sure to keep me in your prayers and I'll continue to pray for y'all. Y'all be good. Stay strong. Stay saved.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!