Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter blog with other random thoughts

A little later than I originally wanted to post this, but hey it happens, you know? You do get tired. As a matter of fact, I'm tired now. Go figure, huh? I haven't had an energy drink in a while. (sighs)

So for Easter, or as some of us call Resurrection Sunday, Dad and I are heading down to the ginormous city of Camden, that's the one in South Carolina, to go to church with my Grandma. Mom and my sister are already down there just chillin'. It's been a while since I've been in an old school church service, and that's just what I'll be expecting tomorrow. I want to have a good time, don't get me wrong, but the chance of me hearing a song from the past 3 years are slim to none. Probably going to hear Easter speeches as well. Anybody remember doing those as a kid? Easter used to be the only time of the year you'd get a new suit. Am I right? This year I'm wearing something from the closet because I don't feel like wasting my time shopping for a new suit. I'm like this now, if it's in the closet, and it fits and looks good, why waste money? It's crazy, this is the one time of the year when the kids that don't dress up for church will come looking like something out of Steve Harvey's closet. I guess it makes sense because we are celebrating that Jesus rose from the dead. Speaking of that, did anybody else have to sing that cheesy song? "He arose, He arose, He arose from the dead..." Ah, I hated that song. Even as child, I was like, "What is this cheesy stuff we singing?" Again we're celebrating the fact that Jesus rose from the dead, and I don't want to imagine what the world would be like if he hadn't got up.

Another thing about Easter that I don't understand. Easter egg hunts. Eggs + celebrating Jesus = Easter? I don't get it. I just don't get it. Now, not to brag, but I used to DOMINATE Easter egg hunts. I'll always remember that there was an Easter egg hunt at my old apartments, and it was being held at the office area. Now the reason I remember this one is because I was first one to get in the basketball gym. All them plastic eggs, by myself. My friends, I was LOADED!! I also remember other kids coming in all late, and getting mad that I got them all. Good times, good times. One of the happier times I had as a kid.

As most of you guys know, I play drums. Don't do it much now because I'm in the church choir. Now, here's the kicker. My old church wants me to go back and play drums for them. I found out this morning, that my mom's church in Illinois, at least the Pastor's wife, wants me to play for them. At the church I am now, my playing time is slim to none. When I do play, I'm not ready. So when I do get my license, I'm going to be in quite a pickle.

I asked my dad this, I think it was yesterday. Gasp, yeah, I know, I asked dad a question go figure. Anyway, I asked him, when it comes to relationships, specifically when it comes to women looking for the "right guy," do the bad guys out number the good, or do the good out number the bad? I know the way television and society puts it, there's more bad than good. I personally think it's more of an even number than we all think, but we're all so "media blinded, that we can't believe that's the case. I heard my dad comment on the common used phrase that says, "All men are dogs." He basically said that you shouldn't be judged from what some other knuckle head did. Here's my thing. Women that say that have been hurt so bad, they are blinded to good. All they know is bad, or "dogs." So let's say that I was attracted to a woman that was in a bad relationship before. I go to talk to her, which would be a God sent miracle, but let's say I actually do go and talk to her, and you can tell she's resistant. Now what do I do? Do I continue to pursue? Do I do my best to convince her that I'm not another stereotypical guy? or Do I just be myself and treat her with respect that she deserves and let God handle the rest?

You know, living saved ain't easy. It's a battle every day. Especially when you're dealing with past issues and demonic spirits. Why would one want to live a life as hard as this? Let's face it, and be honest. Being sinful is easy. Living in sin is a piece of cake. But there's a phrase that comes to mind and it says, "No pain. No gain." Going to to Heaven is not easy, but the reward is worth it all. Going to hell is easy, but it's something you'll regret when it's too late to do anything about it. To answer my question from before, why would one want to live a life as hard as this? To get to Heaven. Nobody told me this road will be easy, right?

Ok y'all, that's all I got for this one. I hope you enjoyed it. Share your thoughts below. Remember, you can follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/bigdusty864
Stay Saved,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!