Saturday, May 02, 2009

NBA, Wolverine, Swine Flu...what else you want?

So the end of what some people call the best playoff series in NBA history just ended with the Celtics beating the Bulls in Game 7. I admit that this series up to this game was classic and it definitely lived up to the hype. But game 7 was full of sloppy play. Mainly coming from the Bulls not taking advantage of the mistakes by the Celtics. How many easy lay-ups can one team miss, I mean my goodness! Bulls guard Ben Gordan was playing like he was the only Bull on the court at times when he could've easily passed the ball to a teammate. All in all, in my opinion, Game 7 was boring. A terrible end to an otherwise fantastic series. As far as the second round goes, I think Magic takes the series easily. EASILY!!

Tonight, I paid for me and my sister to go see the new Wolverine movie. 2 thumbs way way up for this one. It was a great movie. Literally action from beginning to end. There's a couple of other movies I wanted to see like The Soloist, and Star Trek, but I'm not upset for deciding to see Wolverine. As far as prequels go, this one works great. If one was to see this movie then see the first X-Men movie for the first time, they wouldn't be confused. Also I have to say that out of all the X-Men movies made thus far, this was the best out of the 4. No doubt about it in my opinion. I admit I did jump a little in my seat on certain parts. I got a soft heart, what can I say.

I think it's safe to say that there's a scare going on in the World right now with this swine flu. Let me remind the believers of 2 Timothy 1:7 which says: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. This was the verse that came to mind when I think of the fear going around. The Bible also says that God will never leave you nor forsake you. The Bible also says that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Let us not forget whom we are serving. Let us not forget who is running things. Don't let the swine flu put fear in you. God has the final say so. Always remember that.

So I got a long day tomorrow. Got Sunday morning service then right after that we're heading down to St. Stephens, SC for a service my Pastor is speaking at. I'm going to be tired as I don't know what, but I also believe that I'm going to have a good time too. I got my mp3 player with me for the bus ride, so that'll keep me not worrying about the length of the ride.

My iPod should be coming in Wednesday of next week, and I can't wait!!

Well, I'm going to call it a blog and a night guys. Like I said, I got a long day tomorrow, and I'm tired. Thanks for reading.

Stay Saved,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!