Friday, April 03, 2009

Cough, cough, go away come again...NEVER!!

Another week has gone by, and another week I've dealt with this cough. It's hard to sing with all your might and deal with a cough. And the weather here ain't helping. It keeps getting hot and cold, hot and cold. Now I know God doesn't hate anybody, but sometimes it feels like God has it for the upstate south carolina area. I know ever since I can remember, the weather has not been consistent here. So it's really no wonder a lot of people get sick. Like I said in one of my videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVdm4hNiMg, if you're going to come to the upstate area of south carolina, please, for your own health, pack for every season of the year. Trust me, on that. Like I said, I'm still dealing with this cough. I've gone through like 2 bottles each of NyQuil and Dayquil. I've had cough drops galore. Before you ask, no I haven't been to the doctor. The reason I haven't been to the doctor is because I have no health insurance. I have no job. As much as my dad worries about money, I don't want to add to the trouble. So, that's why I haven't been to the doctors. I'm asking for prayer for me. I hinted to this earlier, I'm in the choir at church as most of y'all know. I've been dealing with this cough for weeks. I don't even know how many. I'm believing God for a healing, and until then, I'm going to continue to the best of my ability sing in the choir.

So I was in my boy Yungtown's live chat room for the last like 20-30 minutes of it and a discussion came up on what is missing in today's Christian music. My answer to that question was substance and realness. I think people have the the tendency to write and say something because it sounds good to the listener. Now let me say that I do think that a small part of any music artist goal is to entertain, but that shouldn't be the major goal. The major goal should not be to necessarily preach, but I think it should be to teach and give some substance to the hearers. Weather if its your testimony, or if it's something that caught your eye in the Bible that touched you and you want to share it. All Gospel artists, I feel, should pray and talk to God before going to make an EP or a mixtape and ask, "What is it you want me to say to the listeners?" It's not about us, but it's about Jesus. I know everybody is saying that line now, but it's a true statement anyhow.

Is it just me, or are the so called top teams in the NBA falling off a little bit? A few nights ago, Lakers lost to the Bobcats. The Celtics barely beat the Bobcats the other night. The Cavs got murdered, MURDERED, tonight (4/3/09) against the Magic. So, are the top teams falling off, or are they saving it up for the playoffs? I'm going to throw this out there, and don't be shocked if it happen. I can easily see a team that doesn't have a winning record, winning it all. Yes, I said it.

I'm working on a story, again. Yes I know I've worked on plenty of stories throughout the years, and most of them, I didn't even finish. There will be no judging of me not finishing stories. Not cool. So yeah, I'm working on a new one. Don't have a title for it yet. I'm waiting to see where I go with the story first to come up with a title that works. If you want to see what I got so far check out my other blogspot: http://bigdstories.blogspot.com

If you're not following me on twitter, shame on you. You're missing out!! Not really, but if you want to follow me, my username is BigDusty864. Also, if you like what I'm doing with these blogs, feel free to advertise. I don't mind at all. Get at me on AIM as well: Bigddrums. I don't get much ims anymore. Of course I don't im them, but no judging. No judging.

So y'all please, pray for me. Not only for the cough, but that I get off my lazy butt and do something. Rocky Balboa said it best, "If you stay in a place long enough, you are that place." That's how I'm starting to feel with this house.

I'm done. Just one more nugget. Joshua 1:8 in the New Living Translation says, "Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." I think that verse explains itself, don't you? Y'all be good.

Stay saved,

Daniel aka Big Dusty

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain Im just getting the whole cough thing :( Definitely will pray do the same for me as well!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!