Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random thoughts from a random king

I know my sister won’t be too happy about this. I had 3 cups of coffee. So when I try to go to sleep…WHOO it’s going to be a TIME! Let’s see what’s there to talk about. Twitter is blowing up. I’m up to 16 followers. 16 people that care what I’m doing. I’m just…I’m just so touched. If you happen to have joined the new crack known as Twitter, follow me at twitter.com/bigdusty864. Big Dusty because as most of you know is my nick name and 864 because that’s my area code. Fantabulous ain’t it?

As some of you know I’m a fan of the longest running circus show known as professional wrestling or sports entertainment if you will, and to say that the product is watered down has to be the understatement of the decade. Let’s look at the positives first. WrestleMania is coming up, which is arguably the biggest wrestling/sports entertainment show of the year. I personally think 3 of the matches have potential to be classics: Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker, Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy, and HHH vs. Randy Orton. A lot of people would add in the Money in the Bank Ladder match, and I would too if it wasn’t for the fact that Mark Henry is in the match. I mean seriously, how in the world fat man with 2 bad knees going to climb a ladder? And if he can climb the ladder, how is the ladder going to hold him? I’m just saying. The other matches promoted on the show, the 25 diva battle royal to crown a “Ms. WrestleMania.” TIME FILLER!! Ladies and Gentleman during this match take a quick nap because that’s all it’s good for. Before I get comments about being a sexist, let me say this. Raw and ECW have good Diva talent. SmackDown, ehh, not so much. The only positive about the divas on SmackDown is that they’ve gained Gail Kim. My only thing about that is, who did Gail Kim tick off? Another match at WrestleMania is Chris Jericho vs. Ricky “The Dragon”, Jimmy Snuka, and Roddy Piper. Ok yes it’s cool to see the legends, but do you really expect to see a quality match? I thought so. The other title match is the triple threat match with John Cena, Edge, and Big Show. The match itself, I don’t think will be the worst match in history, but I have to say that the build up to this match has been crapacles. Seriously, why is Vickie “I look like a sick dead dog” Guerrero still around? I almost forgot about the tag-team lumberjack match to unify the tag-team titles. The match has potential, but one has to ask if the Miz is ready for the big stage? I for one don’t even think he’s ready to work for TNA. That’s just me.

Enough about that. So we got a fence for the dog now. Don’t judge me for the transition, just roll with it. It’s taking Ginger a while to get use to it. She still used to somebody being out there with her amongst other things, which I won’t get into. Now if any of y’all seen my dog, Ginger, you’ll know that saying she’s little is another understatement. She’s not Chihuahua little, but she’s more like a German Sheppard that won’t grow. So with a dog that short, intimidating is not a word you’d use to describe her. Which takes me back to a time where this guy came knocked on the front door. Now it’s not nice to judge a book by it’s cover, but you could tell this dude was a Lord of the Rings die hard. Anyway he knocked, and Ginger barked like most dogs would do in that situation. I open the door, Ginger got out. Remember, Ginger is short thang. The guy at the door, tried to protect himself with a clipboard like Ginger was a pit. He said he was scared of dogs. Let me explain something to you. If you’re scared of a thing you can easily pick up and drop kick over a condo, you might as well stay in the house and become a loner. That’s pathetic.

I know this is probably old news, but apparently Snoop Dogg has become a Muslim. I really don’t understand the connection between Islam and Hip-Hop. Now, back in the day, black people join up with Islam for the brotherhood because times were different then. I asked my dad about this and he said that it’s a black thing. I don’t know if that’s accurate because Eminem isn’t black, I don’t think. Maybe I’m color blind. Either way, again, supposedly Snoop is now a Muslim. Snoop with a bow tie. Snoop is going to look like a broom going to prom. Bless his heart. I notice a lot of hip hoppers, when they’re in “trouble” go to Farrakhan for help. Maybe it’s the fact that we as Christians spend our time judging, and don’t spend it helping. Less face it, some Christians are not approachable people. I get that vibe around church people all the time, and it’s a shame. It really is. So in essence if Islam is more open to help, how can I blame Hip-Hop superstars for going to Farrakhan for counseling and help? After thinking about it, I know why some Christians aren’t approachable. The Bible says to let your light so shine, that men might see your good works. Glory the Father which in heaven. The light represents God. Some of us Christians are not letting God shine like he should. The light is dull in other words. Time is too short for us to be letting the light dull. We got to let that light shine. Especially in these last and evil days. I’m saying that because I know my light has been dull. So we all must do better.

Quick thoughts. The “Brady Rule” is living proof that the only way you’re going to see real American football is in your backyard. Having 3 cups of coffee late at night was not smart, I don’t know why I let y’all talk me into it. Y’all should definitely check out Tyler Perry’s “The Marriage Counselor,” which is now on DVD. It’s really really good.

Well that’s all I’m good for. I’m going to try and go to sleep. Y’all continue to prayer for me as I’ll prayer for yous. Share your thoughts to what I talked about. Y’all be good now, ya hear?

~Daniel aka Big d

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brother Daniel, it's not so much what Chrisitians are not doing as much as what Minister Farrakhan has done. I do agree that now is the time for Chrisitians, Muslims and all believers in God to "let their light so shine". Minister Farrakhan has a decades-long, proven track record of being able to see into the issues affecting our youth and effectively speak solutions to those issues. In my view, after having observed Minister Farrakhan from a close vantage point for a few of those decades, he epitomizes the Biblical passage that inclides the words, "In all thy getting, get understanding"

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!