Friday, April 17, 2020

SAME JESUS BEFORE THE PANDEMIC, HE'S STILL

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

A commentary says, "In a changing world we can trust our unchanging Lord." What was Jesus to you before quarantine? Was He your healer? Was He your provider? Was He your shelter? Whatever He was to you, He's still that. The 5th and 6th verse of that same chapter in Hebrews in the ESV says, "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?'" 

I mentioned this in posts before, Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?" 2 Timothy 1:7 in the KJV says, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Same verse in the ESV says, "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control." Keep your head in the game. This is not the time to let go. Song writer said, "The devil really had me, but Jesus came and grabbed me." He had you and He still.

Psalm 30:11 "Thou has turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou has put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" (KJV)

Psalm 30:11 "You turned my loud crying into dancing. You removed my clothes of sadness and dressed me with joy." (New International Reader's Version)

Song writer said, "What ever your problem is wave it away. What ever your trouble is wave it away. Give it to Jesus. He can bare them." Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." 

That still applies today. The same love of Jesus that lifted you, is still holding you. He hasn't let go so you don't either. Hold on a little while longer as the song says and "everything will be all right." The name of Jesus still has power. Demons still tremble at the name of Jesus. The same Jesus that you couldn't live without when you first received Him, He's still. Psalms 147:3, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." He still.

The same Jesus that worked it out, is working. The same Jesus that healed, is healing. Be not dismayed, what ever be tide. God will take care of you. He hasn't gone anywhere. He's still there. Old Hymn says, "He was there all the time. He was there all the time. Waiting patiently in line. He was there all the time." Will you let him in? Will you let him stay in? Jesus is still.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!