Sunday, April 05, 2020

DON'T FORGET

At this point there's a lot of doubt setting in. At this point some of us don't know who or what to believe. Being it from the news media or from the pulpit. You got this news station saying this and that news station saying that. At the same time you got this preacher posting this and that preacher posting that. I'm nothing more than a guy who's trying to stay positive. Trying to stay vertical and not horizontal. Trying to build my hopes on things eternal. Trying to hold on to God's unchanging hand and not depend on the fear mongering news cycle.

Matthew 26:41 "Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak." There's a saying based on this verse that says, "Watch, fight, and pray." What I see going on is that there's a lot of watching and praying, but the fighting is with each other. Don't forget we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, "but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

Do I believe the devil caused this pandemic? No I don't. I do believe that the devil is using this as leverage to cause believers to forget old songs like, "I will trust in the Lord until I die." Forget old songs like "God has everything and everything belongs to him." Forgetting old songs like, "No ground, I'm giving up no ground. We got a cause worth fighting for, Satan we're not going to take no more. No ground, I'm giving up no ground. Cause I'm absolutely, positively glory bound." "Hallelujah anyhow. Never ever let your problems bring you down. If those problems come your way, hold your head up high and say, Hallelujah anyhow." "Don't wait 'till the battle's over, shout now."

2 Timothy 4:2 says, "preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." The 5th verse of the same chapter says, "As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." Just because you can't preach behind a podium right now, doesn't mean you stop preaching.

Psalms 24: 7-10 "Life up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah."

Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?"

Don't Forget.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!