Thursday, January 28, 2016

YOU'RE LIVING FOR A REASON

In my opinion, one of the best movies of 2015 was Straight Outta Compton. I was a fan of the movie even before it was filmed. I'm a huge fan of good biopics and documentaries. If you're into good biopics, I suggest Straight Outta Compton. It's not the cleanest movie in the world, but when the movie is about a group called N.W.A., Niggaz Wit Attitudes, you can't expect a G rated picture.

Anyway, I bring up this movie because at the end, Eazy E, spoilers, ends up in the hospital. I've watched this movie a lot and that scene has never got to me, but for some reason it got to me the last time I watched it. I started thinking about the two stints I spent in the hospital. Now, I'm not comparing my stint to Eazy's because he was dealing with HIV, and I was dealing with Congestive Heart Failure. But in the movie, Eazy had visitors coming in crying to see him in his condition. Immediately, I was taken back to my sister's face when I was in ER. She was crying. I felt myself getting emotional while at the same time thinking, "I've watched this movie all these times, and it's just now getting to me? Why now?" 

When the tears started to flow was when they showed Eazy in an AIDS-induced coma, again spoilers, and was only breathing because of a breathing machine. Again I was taking back to my stint in the hospital. I wasn't on a breathing machine, but I had an oxygen gimmick up my nose, and I got the best sleep I had gotten in months before that. That was it. I usually try to fight the tears before they fall, but I just let them fall. I usually don't cry at movies or TV Shows. I really don't. But for some reason, that darn Straight Outta Compton--

Both instances of the hospital could have been the end for me, and yet here I am typing this blog. Takes me back to when my Pastor's wife at the time passed away. When I went to the home going, I was not too long out the hospital, and sitting there messed me up because I realized that it easily could've been my home going as well. That was exact same emotion I felt watching that scene in Straight Outta Compton. It reminded me not to take this life for granted. Which I admit I have been. I take it for granted sometimes that I'm breathing. I take it for granted that I can now lay flat on my back at night without feeling like I'm drowning. I take it for granted that I actually get sleep at night now. 

God has been too good for you to just live and do anything you want. He gave you this life for a reason. You're breathing for a reason. You're living for a reason. This verse gets thrown around and gets used as a cliche now. But this verse took on a new meaning for me. Psalm 150:6, "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD"

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!