Friday, January 01, 2016

RECYCLING IS IMPORTANT BUT ALSO CAN BE A BURDEN

It's a new year. 2016. There's a lot that I could say about how I entered this year. A lot of stuff I have a problem with, which I will not air out here. But here's what I will say....

I posted this on Facebook before I went to sleep, "Let's stop recycling things that should have been thrown away." I looked up what recycling means for the effect, cause I know what recycling means, don't get me wrong...anyway, "convert waste into reusable material", is the definition I found via google. Convert waste into reusable material. Think about it. Converting waste or trash. Stuff that should be in the dump. Us. We should have been in the grave. We should have been dead and gone. We were waste. Until God did some recycling and made us new. As it's said, "tried in the fire but came out gold."

But some waste has no need of being recycled. Old habits. Bad relationships. Hidden agendas. We need to recycle. Recycling is important, but in some ways it can be a burden. Some people you know are not going to do you right. You know they're going to use you. You know some people continue to take your kindness for weakness. And then you go into a new year and say, "No longer will I be used. I'm a new me. I'm a new (insert name here)" Then you come to the same problems you had for years because why? You do the same things that got you in to the trouble to begin with. You recycle the trash you threw away into new issues and new problems for the new year. 

Proverbs 26;11 says, "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." Stop going into the new year being the same fool. Stop recycling the same crap that you dealt with before. If you went through it before, you should be able to see the signs of the same stuff about to happened. Like let's say I'm going to church. I know the way I go to church. I go the same way every time. If I continue to go the same way, I will get to the same destination. The way you choose to go will determine your destinations. Let me say this, taking detours does not count as going in a different direction if you're going to end up at the same destination.

Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." How Sway?

Ephesians 6:10-18, "

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"

Happy New Year.

Stay Saved in 2016,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!