Tuesday, November 24, 2015

STOP LIMITING GOD

Pharrell, a popular music producer, and in my opinion one of the best producers working today and maybe of all the times, was recently on Live with Kelly and Michael discussing what was his hardest decision he's ever had to make during his time on The Voice. He stated that the hardest decision he had to make was during the battle rounds this season when it was Mark Hood battling Celeste Betton. During the round, both were phenomenal. Pharrell could only pick one. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said, he chose Mark as the winner to help him stop running from his calling. He stated that Celeste seemed to know the road she was going on, but Mark was running from Gospel and trying to do more R&B. 

What stuck with me was the "running" part. How many of us are running from what God is calling us from? I know I've been guilty of it. I understand the "fear of the unknown" if you will. There was a line I heard in a movie one time, House Arrest, and it said something like, "Feel the fear and go for it." I got asked once, how do you sing in front of people. I just do it. I'm still nervous. I'm still fearful, but once I knew there was no backing out and me "going to the bathroom" or crying to get out of it was not going to work any longer, I just had to suck it up and do it.

Now people are going to look at the fact that I mentioned Pharrell in the first part and immediately turn a deaf ear to what he said because it's Pharrell, and he produced Drop It Like It's Hot for Snoop Dogg and other songs, so what could he possibly have to say that could benefit anyone? So besides just getting the message, besides eating the meat and spitting out the bones, we turn a deaf ear because of his past. I'm no bible scholar, that's my mom and dad, but I have studied the bible more and more lately, and I remember hearing that God once used a Donkey and a rooster to get a message across. God even made the donkey talk.

Don't put a limit on what God can do. A popular phrase now a days is, "There's nothing my God can not do." So, if there's nothing that God can not do, if God can do anything but fail, then why do we put exceptions to that? What do we put a limit to what God can do? It is written, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." We need to stop with this half way believing mentality. This halfway trusting that God know what's He's doing mentality. Either God knows what he's doing or he doesn't. I choose to believe that God knows what he's doing. I choose to believe the Bible when it says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Don't miss the message for the messenger. What if Balaam missed the message because it came from a donkey? What if people that knew Paul as Saul and remembered him killing Christians, and now he's preaching for Christians, and they decided to miss the message? What if people knew your past and when you tried to speak some truth--? God can do anything and He can and has used anybody he wanted to. Even you.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!