Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SCABS CAN'T HEAL IF YOU KEEP SCRATCHING

At first I planned this blog to be a review of Kirk Franklin's latest masterpiece, Losing My Religion, because I haven't done a review in a while. Or this blog was going to be on a new theory I have concerning hip hop and the church. Maybe the church sees to much of itself in hip hop to see what benefit hip hop can have, but I'm not going there this blog. Yesterday, as I'm typing this, I looked at a scar on my finger that is just about completely healed, and I told my little sister, "It's amazing how much a wound can heal, when you don't mess with it." She looked at me and said, "That'll preach." I thought about it, and I realized how deep that statement I said was.

Isaiah 53:5, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

That verse is more than just another verse. It's a reminder that all your hurt and all your pain that you've experienced is already healed. Because of what Jesus did on the cross. The hurt is just part of the healing process. The scar on my finger stung a little when I would touch it and mess with it, but when I stopped messing with it and just the healing process go without a hitch, that's when the scar went away. One of my favorite Kirk Franklin songs says, "He'll take the pain away, I know, He'll take the pain away." Some scars don't go away, unfortunately, but with Jesus, the pain of the scar can be taken away. Whatever that scar is. It could be church hurt. It could be a hurt from your past. Jesus can take the pain away. If you don't believe me, all I can say is try Jesus. An old song says, "Have you tried Jesus, he's alright."

When you get a cut on your body, you put some kind medical liquid or cream on it, and then maybe a bandage. After you put the bandage, you let the bandage do the work. You keep removing the bandage to mess with the scar, it can't heal like it's supposed to. When you give your problems to Jesus, and you keep going back to the problem, it can't heal like it's supposed to. Give it to Jesus and let him do the work. Jesus can work if you let him. That bandage can work if you let it. Those medicines can work if you let them. There's a song out that says, "Let the Word do the work." The "Word" being the Bible. The Bible works, just let it work. We call it the living Word, right? Let it live.

What ever the wound is, stop messing with it. Stop scratching the scab off so it can bleed again. That was my problem growing up. I would get scabs, and besides just letting it heal, I would scratch the scab off and open the wound. That probably carried on to other problems in my life. Without letting the problem heal, I would scratch scabs off and open up unnecessary issues that should have died a long time ago. So of your issues could have been over and done but because you keep scratching off the scab...leave the scabs in your life alone. I know scabs can be irritating, but let them heal.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!