Wednesday, August 06, 2014

SHOW JESUS...

Doing this via a blog may seem like a real punk move, and I know I have to do this in person. Yet I go on. I would like to apologize to everyone who may be reading this that I may have offended or bad mouthed in anyway shape or form. I also want to forgive anyone who may have done it to me. The bible says that if we don't forgive others, God won't forgive us. i don't know about any of you, but I want to be forgiven. Will this change anything doing it this way? Time will tell. With that being said...

I think one of the problems is that  we try to force people to accept salvation. Don't get me wrong. I know that we are in the end times. I do know that Jesus is soon to come. I do know that we are in the last and evil days. I also know that if Jesus came back too soon, some of the people that we would think would be caught up will be left behind. Matthew 7:21-23 says, "
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." I heard it said recently that we can't sham God. We can't fool God. God sees all and knows all. Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; god is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

You can't make someone get saved. You can't make someone accept Jesus. What we do is give the message and let them make the decision. Right? Think about when you accepted the Lord as your personal savior. Was it because someone forced you to? or did you hear a message that convicted tugged at your heart that you decided to follow Jesus. This is a debate in church believe it or not. People say you didn't decide to follow Jesus, you were chosen. Here's my take. Again I may be wrong on this, but I may have been chosen to play on a football team, but that doesn't automatically mean I'm going to play. It doesn't automatically force me to play. Like I was chosen to be one of the soundman at church. I didn't sign up for it. I didn't hold my hand up and say, "Pastor choose me I want to do it!" No. Pastor basically said, "Daniel, I want you to run the sound." and I said, "Ok." That's basically it. So yes God chose you and yes the bible does say that we are "a chosen generation." But does that necessarily make you saved? Does that necessarily get you in to the gates? You still have to believe in your heart and declare with your mouth that Jesus in the son of God and that he rose from the dead, right? You still have to choose or decide to do that right? I'm just saying...again I may be wrong...it's happened before, and it's bound to happen again.

All I'm saying is that we have to go out in he highways and byways as the Bible says, and allow me to say, that can mean Internet highways also? I know it means literal highways and byways, but if folks are always on the net, why not get to them where they're at? We got to show Jesus in and out the 4 walls of the church. There's some people that will never show up to your church or any church, don't they got to know Jesus too? I've heard it said that the church is a hospital, but some people don't know that their sick. So since they don't know we have to be prayed up and studied up so when the opportunity presents itself we'll be ready to speak the word. and you never know it may be the Word that leads them to Christ. Right or wrong?

If you don't know the Lord, the bible says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." The song says, "Come to Jesus, while you have time. Come to Jesus, make up your mind. He will make your mind brand new. Oh He will take care of you. Come to Jesus while you have time."


Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!