Monday, April 16, 2012

THE WORD SAYS IT, DON'T QUESTION IT

Cue Stevie Wonder “Superstition!” I’m ready to go. First of all like always, Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty and Facebook me at Facebook.com/bigdusty. Now if you do decide to follow me or friend me, communicate. Just sayin…Also, get at me on my podcast at bigdusty.podomatic.com or search for me on iTunes: bigdusty. One more thing, if you’re a fan of professional wrestling or know anybody that’s a fan, check out my wrestling blog at bigdwrestling.blogspot.com.  If only I could make a living doing this. Blogging, Podcasting…

So this Sunday, first of all, what a day Sunday was. I don’t know about y’all, but we had some old school crazy church at Prayer and Faith Ministries. It was awesome. I love those services where God preaches. You know when the preacher doesn’t even have a chance to open his notes? God is like, don’t worry, I got it this Sunday personally. I remember that happening at times when I was a kid when my Dad was pasturing. It was something to remember. My dad had sense enough to say, “I’m not going try to out preach God.” It kills me when preachers try to out preach God. Ever been in those services where God is just having his way, then the preacher comes up and puts everyone to sleep? I mean literally, the first two rows all get whiplash because of trying to stay awake. Learn your place is all I’m saying. When God takes over, you let go. Simple. Follow order. Like when some church members have a service at the church and the pastor doesn’t find out about it until the day of the service? Oh yeah, I’ve seen it happen first hand. Follow order. Why are some churches in the shape it’s in? No order. 1 Corinthians 14: 40 says, “Let all things be done decently and in order.” It was said Sunday, “The Word says it. Don’t question it.” That’s why I say I’m well when someone asks me how I’m doing even though I’m coughing. Why? The Bible says I’m healed. “The Word says it. Don’t question it.”

Also this past Sunday, my little sister gave her first sermon. Short and to the point and tore it up. My sister and I grew up in the church. Most of our time was here in South Carolina. So my sister being on the pulpit in front of folks that saw us grew up was a huge moment. I got through it fine, but it’s what happened after that that had me crying. My sister went back to her seat, and Supt. McCluney got up for final remarks and the benediction. My sister and I have known Supt. McCluney from childhood. So when he said that he was Godly proud of my sister and me? I lost it. I don’t know why I was bought in the conversation. It was my sister’s moment. Yet, Supt. said that he was proud of me? I was wrecked. Because of guilt? I don’t know. Believe me, I know I’ve come a long way. No job to job. No license to license. And a lot more. Yet, I know I still have a long way to go. Maybe not that long but still a ways none the less. God has been good to me. If it wasn’t for his grace and mercy, I don’t know where would I be. Sounds cliché but I can say that with confidence and honesty. The stuff I’ve done, and yet still can sit here in this chair and type this blog? Wow. I guess it’s the fact that I’ve so down on myself most of life that when someone says I’m doing good, it wrecks me. When someone says, “Daniel, I’m proud of you.” I’m wrecked. Look at me, I’m doing something right. I’m not going to lie, I get lonely. I get to points in my life where if my phone don’t ring or buzz because of notifications, I get lonely. I get the feeling of, “Ok, who’s thinking about me? Am I’m on anybody’s mind?” I look at my statuses and posts and get no response. I get no likes. Yet someone else post something, instant 20 likes and comments. Jealous much? Yes, I’m not going to lie to you. Truth is truth. But those few moments when I get, “Hey, Daniel, you’re doing good.” It does my heart good. I know they say don’t look for pats on the back, and really I’m not. I’m just looking to see that I still exist if you know what I mean.

Well, that’s the blog. Be sure to give your comments, keep it in touch, and share this around with other folks you think that might like it.

Stay Saved,

Big Dusty aka Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!