Sunday, April 08, 2012

FEEL FORGOTTEN?

Follow me on Twitter: @Big_Dusty and get at me on facebook: Facebook.com/bigdusty. Also I got to plug my latest podcast that I have up. Check it out at bigdusty.podomatic.com. Got all that? Good!

“I am not forgotten…He knows my name” I think we all get to the point where we feel like we’re forgotten. I know I do. Those times where I promote my stuff whether it’s my blogs, my videos, my podcasts, or whatever and get nothing? Yeah, I feel forgotten. When I think about all the good friends I had back in middle and high school and now I barely have any communication with them whatsoever, yeah I feel forgotten. Little things like that get to me. But God…

Just earlier today I was talking to my sister about when you grow in God or just naturally, you tend to lose the friends you thought you have. Then I said half serious half jokingly, “Well I lost my friends a long time ago.” Sometime it feels like that. I will be straight up honest. It wasn’t always like that though. Times in my life I had friends, actual friends that were not on the internet, that cared about my well being. Not that I’m disowning the friends I’ve met on the net, but I’m just saying. Times when I had no money for lunch, I never went hungry. Friends. Times when I wanted to tell a girl I liked her, friends would tell me to just do it. They wanted to see me succeed. Friendship. At one time I actually had a book going around school with a manager and everything. People liked and gave feedback on the stuff I wrote. Interesting concept.

Now that that season of my life is over, I miss it. I’m going to be honest. I miss conversations. I miss laughing at conversations. I miss that face to face contact with folks that actually were interested in what I had to talk about and vice versa. Plus with me being the clown that I am, it’s much easier to feed off someone in person rather than through webcam or computer mics. Getting my license I figured that getting around to meet up with folks would be easier. Yet things are basically the same when I comes to that stuff. Who’s at fault? I am. I admit it. My mindset is not at the place of confidence to think that people would actually want to meet me for lunch or meet up with me and hang out.

It’s really all about mindset. When we feel forgotten we need to realize that God is omnipresent, meaning God is everywhere. Therefore we’re never alone. God doesn’t forget about us. It feels that way though because we’ve forgotten about him. Maybe, it’s just God showing tough love so you can get yourself right. Just like any parent would do for their child. I know when my mom showed tough love on me, it killed me. Yet now, I got a job and my license. Still got a long way to go, but I’m heading in the right direction. Mom didn’t forget about me, she just loved me enough to listen to God and let me go through what I went through because it would make me better, and it did.

Sometimes though people are thinking about you, they just don’t say anything to you. I know I think about folks all the time, I just don’t say anything to them. Most of the time I pray for them. Just keeping it real. Should I try to connect with all the folks I think about? I say if the timing is right, go for it. So when you start to feel lonely, when you start to feel forgotten, remember that the one true and living God has not forgotten you. Remember that there is somebody out there thinking about you and possibly praying for you as well. I pray for all the folks I’m connected with whether in person or online.

Thanks for reading. Share your comments. Share the blog around.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!