Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My God is more than enough

This Holiday Season is expected to be a rough one for this country. It probably already took its toll on some of you that are reading this. I know personally, it’s taken its toll on me. Here’s what gets me through though: my God is more than enough. There’s song we used to sing that says, “My God is more than enough. He shall supply all my needs. He is my El Shaddai. He always looks out for me. Jehovah Jireh, He is my God.” I’m just crazy enough to believe all that.

If you go to Matthew 14:13-21, you’ll find view of the familiar story where Jesus fed 5000 people. All they had was two fishes and five loaves. Jesus took that and with the help of God made it more than enough. All 5000 were fed and full and there were leftovers to take home. And I’m crazy enough to believe, that if God can do that then, He is able to that now. I believe God is going to be more than enough for families that are going through this year.

I’m not saying that a fat old white man is going to drop presents from a flying sleigh, sorry kids, he doesn’t exist. What I am saying is that if you give God the very best you can, He will honor that. Now I’m also not saying that all this will happen over night. God is able to do that, but you may have to wait. Some of us need to learn the value of patience. Now being patient does not give the right to do nothing. Someone told me once; you do what you gotta do, until God puts you in position to be blessed. The Bible says that if a man doesn’t work, he doesn’t eat. People use that for people who don’t have jobs, but I think it also means that if you don’t work in the spiritual since, you don’t reap the benefits. I heard it said, “When the praises go up, blessings come down.” Praise is an action. Praise is a form of work that will get you what you need to eat in a sense from God.

So don’t be sad this Holiday Season. Don’t focus on the bank account or what little you got in the cabinet. The Bible talks about being faithful of a few things. I just choose to believe that God is going show us that He is still God. He is still the one who provides for His people. The Bible says, “I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging for bread.” What do you choose to believe?

Just remember that God is more than enough this season.

Stay saved,

Daniel Richerson

P.S. The Bible also talks about being content. We got to learn to be content in where we are. We may not have a “baller” house, but we have shelter. We may not have the drop top we want, but we have transportation. We may not be eating Fatz CafĂ© every night, but we have food in the cabinet. Like the song says, “If God never does anything else for me, He’s done enough!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!