Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Treat others how you WANT to be treated

So I was talking to this man, and this man hates Sarah Palin. I mean he literally hates the ground she walks on. It’s to the point where she shows up on TV, and it’s like his blood pressure rises. Watching Inside Edition on NBC, they show portions of Sarah’s interview on GMA, Good Morning America, on ABC. Sarah came off with the line that was something like, “You can’t take down a caribou with a bb gun,” and made a little smirk after it. This man asks me if I saw it on TV, and I said yeah. He says, and I paraphrase, “She’s so stupid. Did you see that smirk on her face? Just stupid.” Mind you this is coming from a man that doesn’t like being called stupid. He doesn’t like being insulted. Yet he’s insulting this woman who’s just stating her opinion after being asked a question. Before I go on, I’m not a fan of Mrs. Palin’s politics. I think she’s not quite ready for prime time when it comes to politics. Just my opinion.


Now listening to this man, I got to thinking. I tweeted this after this man went on this rampage of hate against Sarah Palin, “So if you dont like being insulted, why insult others?” Everyone knows the phrase, “Treat others how you want to be treated.” Growing up in elementary and middle school, I was the smelly kid in class. I got cracked on by what seemed like the whole class everyday. No body cared about my well being. They didn’t care about my feelings being hurt. I would stand in line, and people would automatically hold their nose. I would sit beside somebody and they would immediately be disgusted. My point is this, I didn’t like being insulted. I would come home crying. Sometimes I would cry in school. And one of the many faults in my life, I would take it out on my little sister. I become a hypocrite later in life because I would treat others the same way I got treated. The phrase is, “Treat others how you WANT to be treated.” Not how you got treated.

One would make the case, and I make this case when I’m playing around, “She can’t hear me.” It doesn’t matter. An insult is an insult weather one can hear it or not. Especially if their honest insults, not in the Don Rickles insult comic sense of insults. I told this man after his rampage, “Just come out and say it. You hate Sarah Palin. It’s not about the smirk or anything, you hate Sarah Palin.” To his credit, he didn’t deny it. Me personally, I’ve only disliked a handful of people in my lifetime. By handful I mean by like 2 or 3. Don’t bother to ask who they were because honestly, it’s none of your business, and it’s not even worth it.

The Bible says that we should love others as Christ loves us. The Bible also says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Clean heart, clean mouth. Create in me a clean heart. As the song says, “I know the Bible is right.”

Thanks for reading this. Share your opinion on this subject by commenting below. Be free to check any of the old blogs and share your comments on them as well. Follow me on Twitter. Friend me on Facebook. The links to those are on this page to your right. Subscribe to me on YouTube: DanielakaBigd.

Stay saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!