Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My review of Voices Of Unity’s CD: Together in Worship

I Gotta Praise (Holy One) ~ This track is a great variation of the classic song often used during shout music. Being a musician, the musical arrangement on this song is bananas. With that the vocal flow is good also. The message of the song is of course talking about praising God, the Holy One. Great song.

Watch Me Praise Him ~ When I saw Deitrick Haddon perform this on TBN, I was immediately hooked. Again this is turn of and old traditional song. One of them songs that you can't help but nod your head too. Deitrick’s wife, Damita, is singing on this CD and is doing a tremendous job. Another great song. The musical arrangement and vocal flow is great also. This CD is starting off awesome.

We Worship You ~ The musical arrangement at the beginning is a little weird for my taste. This track features the awesome Pastor William Murphy III. This is definitely not your average Gospel song. The build-up to the chorus is crazy though. The chorus is awesome. I’m really feeling this track. I admit the musical arrangement sounded weird in the beginning, but man, does it get better. If you’re a fan of William Murphy and Israel Haughton, and this is the track for you.

Take Rest In Me ~ Deitrick is singing on this track. You can feel the presence of God strong from last track to this one. This track is mostly vocals, and the harmony and blend is just sick. This is a worship song. I would definitely call this track a show stopper track. Meaning that if this song was sung during a service, I can definitely see the Holy Ghost taking over and God having His way with the people. Wow. This track is just wow.

You Are God ~ This track is featuring artist Javen. I’ve seen Javen on the Gospel Music Channel and he wasn’t really my style. This is another worship song. It’s definitely a track toward Javen’s style of music. Alternative music is the best way I can describe his style. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just a favorite of mine. This song is talking about there’s none like God. Another track with crazy vocal arrangements. Not a bad song at all.

We Cry Holy~ This song features Jason Champion. It just went into it which means I don’t think this is the whole song I’m listening too. Sounds like we come in right at the vamp. Not bad for the 3 minutes I heard of it.

Send a Revival ~ This track features Pastor Paula White. Paula is preaching is talking about reviving. She’s taking about the sound coming from Heaven. I’m loving the arrangement of this song. The title of the song is what the song is about, go figure. It’s about asking the Lord sending a revival and reviving us again. Paula is talking over the track while the background singers and choir is singing. She doesn’t overlap much at all so it easy to understand what the singers are singing. I like this track, not my favorite on the CD so far, but it’s good.

Heaven ~ Another one with Deitrick Haddon taking over the lead. Again it’s a worship song. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a simple song also. That’s not a bad thing by all means. Some of the best worship songs are the most simple. During the song he sings lyrics from the song “Oh the Glory of Your Presence,” which is a great song in itself.

It All Belongs To You ~ Once again, Damita Haddon takes lead. It has a piano intro to it. Sort of the likes of “Imagine Me,” by Kirk Franklin. Another simple song lyrically and vocally. Once again it’s a worship song. I really like this song also.

He’s Able ~ This track features the great Darwin Hobbs. I first heard of this song when we learned it at choir rehearsal at my church, New Harvest Ministries. I then searched for it on YouTube and immediately fell in love with the track. “God is able to do just what He says He will do. He’s gonna fulfill every promise to you. Don’t give on God ‘cause He won’t give up on you. He’s Able.” What more can you say? It’s a powerful song. It speaks to your heart. It’s based on the verse found in Ephesians 3:20 which says (KJV), “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.”

Praise Break (Momma’s God A Word) ~ This is featuring Prophetess Joyce Haddon. We definitely learn where Deitrick got his spiritual teaching from. What a powerful word.
My Father’s House ~ This is the last track which is featuring Shirley Murdock. It’s an upbeat song. The bass line is crazy. Following the trend of the other tracks, the vocals are again insane. Again I’m loving the bass. Shirley is a beast, which means if you don’t know that she is extremely talented.

This CD was recorded live at Without Walls International Church. Nothing against studio albums, but something about when you know a Gospel CD is recorded with a live audience you can really feel the anointing of God in the midst. I give this CD 5/5 stars. One of the better Live CD’s I’ve heard. With Deitrick, this was the best I’ve heard from him. Sometimes with Deitrick, at least to me, it sounds like he’s trying to entertain more then he’s trying to reach. With this CD, not only did he entertain, he spoke to our hearts. He really let the Holy Ghost have his way with this one. My opinion…definite must buy for any fan of choirs, worship, and just letting God do His thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!