Friday, February 12, 2021

WHY NOT US?

 Psalm 37:4, 6-7, 9 KJV "Delight thy self also in the LORD, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." 

James 3:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of they mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

"Draw me close to you, never let me go. I'll let it all down again, to hear You say that I'm Your friend. You are my desire, no one else will do. No one else can take your place. To feel the warmth of your embrace. Help me find my way, bring me back to you. I've seen Your work in others, and I want You to work in me." ~ Draw Me Close To You/Thy Will Be Done, Marvin Winans

I mention Pastor Gray Sr, God rest his soul, all time, and he'd tell me on a couple of occasions to, "Walk the path the God has set before you." What did he mean by that? While you're trying to figure out, God has already worked it out. Just walk the path. How do we know where to go while on the path. Psalm 119:105, "Thy word is lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." The flashlight won't work if you don't turn it on. Can't get mad at the light not working if you don't open the book and read it so you can see where you're going. 

I was going to write a post talking about what do we do while we wait on God. All I heard growing up was you got to wait on Jesus. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. I heard all that, but never really was taught what to to while we wait. What I've learned about waiting is that it's kind of  like building yourself up even more to be prepared to what's coming. You do some reading and studying so you can continue to follow that path. When boxers find out the date of their next fight, they don't sit down and lallygag until the fight. They diet, they train, they spar. They prepare for battle the best way they can. That way when when the night of the fight comes, they are ready physically as well as mentally. 

During this pandemic and even before the pandemic, you saw young people using the internet to make a living. And somebody told me one day, "Why not Kingdom kids. Why can't we use the internet like that." Why not us? Matthew 5:45 "...that ye may be the children of your Father which is heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the veil and on the good. and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him; but the just shall live his faith Why not us. I think the church has a misconception of doing this "worldly." I believe kingdom young people has the same opportunity to make money on via the internet. I think that church has a misconception on "prosperity." Church has let the word prosperity become blasphemous. Prosperity is not a bad thing. We've made a gimmick out of prophesy. It's become so much of a gimmick, some people don't believe that God can bless with houses and cars. Then comes the people that come you need to do this and you need to do that. We've gotten so used to not seeing miracles that we don't believe in them anymore. 

Let me get back on topic. We have to step out of faith. We can't expect success to come with no process. You got to give those young people that make money using the internet, most not all, put their dream to the test. They stepped out on faith. Look up the story of the YouTuber NoLifeShaq. Now's he's almost to 3 million subscribers, but he stepped out on faith, and few years later, there he is. He did it being himself. If God can do that for him and others...But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have enetered unto the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

I'm trying not to come off as the fifth element, the perfect being, I'm just another guy pressing toward the mark, like everyone else. Most of what was typed I needed to tell myself. Faith over fear. Fear is always going to be there. Push past it. I push past fear every Sunday. Since the pandemic, we've been live streaming our church services. I'm on the praise and worship team. I told myself I would never be one of those people that posts a video of me singing on social media. Mainly because of fear. Now I don't have a choice. When it's my turn to lead songs, I push by the fear and go forth. If I can do it, you can too.

Please share.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

Follow me on Socials: twitter @D_Rich864
                                     Instagram: @D_Rich864
                                      Twitch: DanielRicherson

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!