Friday, February 19, 2021

DON'T IGNORE THE PROGRESS IN THE PROCESS

 You hear this quote all the time, "I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be." You hear that from saints and 'aints alike. To quote my Pastor "In other words," I'm still in the process but I'm making progress. I feel like we've been living a society that wants to ignore the progress in the process. Our society has been impatient for a long time. We want the prize without running the race. We want to lose weight without the work. We want faith to work without work. It feels like people want the finish product with the process. Nine times out of ten, it doesn't work that way. 

2 Thessalonians 3:13 "But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing."

It's not a comfortable feeling when you know you're working hard and making progress in life only to have your who situation shut down because you're still in the process. It's not a comfortable feeling you know you're heading in the right direction, and you still get told that you're not doing it right because it's not the way so and so want's you do it, or you're not doing it like they did it. I know what's it's like to have your progress completely ignored because you're not at the final destination yet. Be not weary. It gets depressing when you get that from anybody, especially when it comes from loved ones. Be not weary. Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing what's right. Your progress is not being ignored. If God sees your progress and is pleased who cares what anybody else thinks. Some of the naysayers wants that spot of God so bad that they try to take the position of God by condemning you. You know who else tried to take the position of God. Satan. Didn't work out for well for him did it? 

Most of the time, success doesn't happen over night, and we can't expect it too. I recently wrote down all my goals and dreams on a piece of paper. It's folded up on my dresser now. Before I go to bed I read that list out loud asking God for direction. God is our father. We treat God like some of us treated our parents growing up. Saying, "I promise I'll be good. I won't do that anymore," as a way to hopefully get what we want. That's how some of us treat the things we do behind closed doors. I'll stop Sunday and Wednesday. I'll stop on the days I know I'm going to seen, so God will be pleased with your performance. What does this have to do with the process? It goes right with trying to get the prize but not working for it. Trying to get the reward of being a Christian but doing none of the work. Kevin Hart has a phrase he uses, "Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to put the work in." In 2 Thessalonians 3:10, Paul said in the last clause, "...that if any would not work, neither should he eat." I believe that more than about a job. If you don't put the work in don't expect to eat like everybody else that has been in the process. 

Now we can't always look and the people sitting on the bench as lazy because we don't know the work they are doing behind the scenes. Just because you don't see the man or woman directing the movie, doesn't mean they're not working. Matthew 6:4 in the Amplified Bible says, "So that your charitable acts will be done in secret; and your father who sees [what is done] in secret will reward you." Be not weary. Galatians 6:9, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not." Don't give up during the process. Don't let what people see through natural eyes distract you from your progress. If you're doing what you're supposed to do, keep going. Just because you're not at the finish line yet, doesn't mean your race is over. Just because your due season hasn't come yet, doesn't mean it's not coming. Old song says, "Stay in the field, until the war is ended." Three words has been the subject of this whole pandemic. Don't. Give. Up.

I'm finished. I hope I said something that helps you stay in the process I hope something was said that helps you trust your progress in your process. If I said anything out of line please forgive me. I'm just another dude in the process. If you got this far, please share anyway you know how.


Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!