Friday, March 24, 2017

HE HEARS YOU TOO

It's gonna get to the point where you're gonna have to pray for yourself. You're gonna have to have a relationship with Jesus for yourself and stop trying to live off of someone else's. The topic at a recent bible study was, "Walking With God," and the first thought that came to mind with that topic is that you can't walk someone else path. You can't have someone walk your path.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

" Jesus said to him, 'I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'" John 14:6 AMP

So we all got to go to Jesus for ourselves. Now at first we need to prayers of our parents and pastors to get the train going. But sooner our later you're gonna have to open your mouth. Like let's say you get an interview for a job. If someone else does the interview for you, they're going to get the job and you're still going to be jobless. The first couple of jobs I ever had, my dad helped me get them, but the bosses still wanted to know who I was. Daniel still had to shake hands with the bosses, even though the meeting was initiated through my dad.

Don't get me wrong there's power in residue. There's power in being in the midst of praisers and worshipers, but if the residue is powerful, imagine if you actually participated in the praise and worship. We got a lot of people trying to live off residue. The prayers of the righteous availeth much. So I understand asking those who really know God to pray for you. I get it, but let me say, don't use that as an excuse to not pray at all. He hears you too. That's one thing I had to learn for myself. One time my sister took me to somewhere to fill out some paper work. I asked her to pray for me because I was nervous and I know she's more spiritually mature than I am. But she told me, paraphrasing, "God hears you. It's time for you to pray for yourself." I did, and everything actually went fine. I was actually like the world was going to blow up if I actually prayed for myself. I do realize, a song says, "It's really no goodness of my own, but it's by the grace of God."

Romans 10:8-9 AMP "But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word [the message, the basis] of faith which we preach—because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

In the King James is says, "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

So you're going to have to do some talking. The power of life and death is in the power of the tongue, right? Your tongue works for you. It's your choice of how your use it. It is written out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So it's not only a tongue issue, it's a heart issue.

I'm not a parent, but I know some parents. I've known my parents for at least 29 years, almost 30 (May 22). I know I've disappointed them. I've done things they don't like, but when I'm ready to talk they are willing to listen. I don't have to call my brother or my sister to talk to my mom or dad for me, even though sometimes I want to, but they are willing to listen. God is willing to listen. You got to be willing to talk.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!