Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I DON'T REALLY CARE IF THEY LABEL ME A JESUS FREAK

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:  for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:  as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Romans 1:16-17

As I type this, a few days ago, I commented a status on FaceBook that was condemning "Jesus Freaks" by saying they all happy about going to church on Sunday then going back to the regular "B.S." by Tuesday. And I commented the status saying that some go back right after the benediction. At the time I thought nothing of it. Then I started thinking about it. I started to feel some discomfort about the whole thing. Then an old song came to mind that I first heard in Elementary School when this kid did it for a talent show thing we had to do in music class. The song was called Jesus Freak by dc Talk. Before that, I didn't know a gospel song that didn't have a choir or an organ in it. I heard that song and I was amazed at the sound of the music was putting out a message like Jesus Freak.

As I got older I liked the song more and more. And there's a part of the song that says, "People say I'm strange. Does that make me a stranger that my best friend was born in a manger." So why are we ashamed to be "Jesus Freaks." Atheist are unashamed. Gay and Lesbians are unashamed. Some celebrities are unashamed of how they live. Yet, you find some believers ashamed of their lifestyle. When most of us were "out in the world," as it is said in church, we were unashamed. Some of us made it known. We didn't have social media growing up yet people knew what y'all were about. Now with social media people REALLY know what you're about.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable, unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world:  but be yet transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:1-2

Stop worrying about what people think. It's funny how the world today is all about anti bullying yet the world tries to bully you into a "politically correct" way of thinking. Saying you have to accept everybody the way they are...except if you profess Jesus Christ. Interesting isn't it?  Even with all that being said, be ashamed. David said it like this, "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear:  what can man do unto me?" I believe that's another verse that says, "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will lift up a standard."

Stay saved. Stay Unashamed,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!