Thursday, July 30, 2015

LOVING KINDNESS DRAWS, THAT MUST MEAN HATE AND MEANNESS TURNS AWAY

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:  therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

Jesus drew us with lovingkindness. There's an old song that the church sang when I was growing up, "Thy lovingkindness is better than life. My lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee. I will lift up my hands unto thy name" Based off Psalms 63:3-4. I've been thinking on this for the past couple of weeks. How important loving kindness is. Why is loving kindness important? Well I think we all can say there's a lot of fake kindness going on in the world today. I like to call it sometimes PC kindness. Ellen at the end of her talk show says, "Be kind to one another." If one would truly take heed to that alone. Be kind to one another. There's a "golden rule" if you will that says, "Who ever has the gold makes the rules." Also there's another one that says, "Treat someone how you want to be treated."

You reap what you sow. That's not only biblical, that's life. You sow an apple seed, you get an apple tree. You saw an orange seed, you get an orange tree. You sow loving kindness, you should get loving kindness. But we learned from the Charleston 9 situation that you can treat one with loving kindness and still get a bitter treatment in return. Now do you let that stop you from being kind to people? No. I've always said that you don't treat people how you were treated. You treat them how you want to be treated.

When I worked customer service at a call center we were taught to be kind no matter what. No matter how the customer treats you, you still treat them with respect. I never really got cussed out but I got fussed out many times and I had put the phone on mute many a call in order to keep my job, if you catch my drift. Amen praise God. Proverbs 15:1, "A soft answer turneth away wrath:  but grievous words stir up anger." And allow me to say the softest answer you could give sometimes is saying nothing. Old saying says, "If you got nothing nice to say--"

So if lovingkindness draws, then hatred and meanness must turn people away. Be careful of the attitude and look on your face because that may be why you have nobody around you. Oh me. My pastor says, if you can't say amen say oh me. That's where some of these debates miss with me. You can't draw people to your argument by calling people out their name. Name calling doesn't draw anybody, but if you talk in a calm tone and eloquently present your thoughts, you still may not draw anything, but you'll definitely be more respected that way. It takes respect to get respect. That's where the "God hates Fags" people miss the mark. First of all, God so loved the world, and if God hated anybody, why would there be grace and mercy? Second of all, name calling never ends up in a positive situation.

He who has friends must show himself friendly. Again, oh me. But nevertheless...

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!