Monday, July 09, 2012

NEVER LOSE THAT KID IN YOU


Cue Dominion by Jason Nelson. This song has been one of my anthems lately. If you haven’t heard it, y’all got to buy this track. It’s a powerful one….BLOG!

First of all I want to thank all of you that have been reading my blogs over the years. I broke 6000 views here on blogger. Hopefully I will continue to post stuff that will continue to inspire and/or make you smile. Again, thanks to you all.

Trying to think about something to blog about tonight. All I can really think of is growing up and seeing the tables turn. I remember when I was a kid, people would comment on how much I’ve grown just about every time they see me. Now at 25, I find myself doing the same thing. I see kids I’ve seen since they were little, and now all the sudden they’re at my height or taller when a voice deeper than mine. Like what the what? When did this happen? Don’t get me wrong, I still get those, “I remember when...” comments from time to time, but to be the one saying, “I remember when…” just doesn’t feel right.

To be honest with y’all, I don’t feel 25 yet. Almost 2 months in, and I still do not feel like as if I’ve grown up sometimes. I say sometimes because when I see that I have to buy groceries, pay for student loans, plus half of the internet bill, then I realize I’ve grown up a little bit. But at the same time, there are times where I feel like I haven’t grown up at all. Like those times you get that good advice and you’re a kid again sucking the information in like a sponge. Then you get to the point where little kids are saying yes sir to you. Ugh! Please stop! I understand it’s polite and correct to do, but at the same time, it hits me that I am actually an adult.

Then there the times when my sister and I clown around like we’ve done all our lives. I think we’re always going to be like that. My sister and I are probably always going to be like that. I don’t ever want become an adult to my sister. I don’t ever want to get to that point where I’m too grown to do silly stuff around my sister. She will always be my little sister, and I will always be her big brother. God willing if we both make it to be old, we can be like a real version of Madea and Joe. Except hopefully I won’t be staying in her house, know what I’m saying?

We all got to grow up. It’s life, but I say don’t ever lose that inner child. Don’t ever become too good to make a silly fool of yourself in front of your family. Don’t ever be become too grown to laugh around with your siblings, if you have any. Don’t ever become to grown to be your parents’ child. When I see my dad, I’m a kid again. When I see my mom, I’m a kid again. Yes there’ll be times where it will become real and we have to talk like the grown folk that we are, but always leave room for fun and laughter.

 As much as I hate my job, and I say that openly that I do, if I make a customer or a co-worker laugh or smile, it makes me feel good. It gives me open opportunity to be that kid again making people laugh by just being a kid. I hope to be like Jerry Lewis in a way that I never lose that inner kid. Jerry Lewis is pushing dirt in age, and yet when you see him, he’s that nine year old crazy kid. That’s how I want to be. Even at 25. I want people to see that crazy kid in me that is just wanting to laugh and have fun.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!