Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WHAT IS KEEPING YOUR ROOTS ALIVE?


Cue I’m Going On by Commissioned. Thanks for all the continued support.

What happens to plants if the roots die? The whole plant dies right? The most important part of a plant is the roots. The roots keep the plant alive and functioning. Some of us get rooted in the right direction but don’t water the roots. Dreams die because the roots are not watered. We got dreams and aspirations. We get planted and rooted and a stem pokes out of the ground. Here’s the issue. When’s the last time you got an apple from a stem sticking out the ground? We get satisfied that we’ve grown out of the soil but for some strange reason we refuse to grow. Some of it has to do with fear. Some of it has to do with what people say or what you think people say about you. Some of it has to do with your mind set. Some of it is that you are getting watered, but you’re not drinking the water. It’s getting you wet, but it’s not getting inside you.

How many dreams have died because of lack of nutrients? Believe or not, I got a YouTube channel. The channel is basically just sitting there doing nothing for the most part. Why? Because I haven’t posted anything, yet I dream of some day entertaining masses, whether it’s by singing, comedy, or whatever. So with dreams like that, I can‘t even keep a YouTube channel alive to put myself out there showing what I am capable of. Now is it YouTube’s fault that I’m doing nothing with it? No. It’s mainly the soil that is being used to make dreams come true, and I’m using it wanting to make my dreams come true, but don’t want to water it. Don’t want to let it get some sunlight.

Which leads me to another thing. Sunlight is a very very important source for a plant to survive. What’s your source? What’s your source of getting growth? What are you depending on? There’s probably not a choir anywhere that hasn’t sang Total Praise by Richard Smallwood. The song says, “You are the source of my strength. You are the strength of my life.” Really? Then why are our dreams and aspirations dying at a high rate? Why not let God be the source of your strength so your dream can get some growth. Some use the wrong light and wonder why depression sets in. Here’s a theory. Maybe it’s not just the life or dream that’s causing the depression. Maybe it’s what you’re using for nutrients for that dream. God is not the source. Not necessarily saying that it’s the devil either. Maybe it’s that agent. Maybe it’s that friend. Maybe it’s that family member. Maybe it’s that church member. You’re depending on people killing you with junk, where there’s a God that’s ruler of everything with His arms open waiting for you to let Him in. Keep God first is not just a good saying to say when trying to motivate someone. It’s actually a good thing to do believe it or not.

Imagine how much further some of us would be if we really put God first and really pursued our dreams? Probably more happy than we are now. Probably more financially stable to pursue our dreams. I keep hearing that this financial struggle that most of us is going through will soon be over. Please believe that I’m not questioning any one’s Holy Ghost, and I’m a firm believer that a God is about to drop a financial boom on some of us. I just think there’s a step some of us are missing. The Bible says to seek ye first the what? Kingdom of God. And then what? All these things shall be added. Keep God first. Also please believe that I’m not just typing this to try and preach or motivate you. I’m not throwing stones. I’m motivating myself as well. I know I need to do better in certain areas of my life, and as soon as I do better, I believe God will bless me better. I think we’re all fortunate that God loves us so much that He keeps on making ways out of no ways in our lives. We don’t deserve it. You know what you did and are doing. I know what I did and am doing. Yet He keeps on making ways for us. Song writer says, “He keeps on doing great things for me.”

Follow your dreams. Pursue your dreams. Put some water on your dreams. Don’t take a break, because that will stagger the growth of the dream, and at sometimes kill it. Keep going. Keep pursuing. Keep God first. Pray about any and everything. Follow God’s lead. Now, let me say this. Following God’s lead does not mean that you sit and do nothing. You can still follow God’s lead and continue to pursue. We get told to be patient and wait, then with that we do nothing. No. While you’re waiting, water your craft. Practice your craft. Perfect your craft. Perfect your dream.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson
@Big_Dusty
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!