Monday, June 25, 2012

TIME TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE FREE


Cue He Reigns by Ricky Dillard. Made a change to the blog. Used to be I’d moderate all comments. Too much work. I’ve lifted that off. Comment one, comment all.  And now…

This past Sunday was life changing. I’ve cried in church before. When I was a little kid, it was an every Sunday thing. The spirit would get high in service and I’d be crying and sometimes screaming. No lie. So needless to say that still happens on occasion. This Sunday was different though. All I was thinking of was the song I’ve sung plenty of times. Grew up hearing my mom singing it. First heard it sung by Donnie McClurkin on an old Carlton Pearson CD, but it never hit me like it did on Sunday.

“Living He loved me. Dying He saved me. Buried He carried my sins far away. Rising He justified freed me forever. One day he’s coming back. Glorious Day.”

Wow. I mean really think about it. Living He loved us. For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten, right? Dying he saved me. What he save me from? Death. The wages of sin is…death. Buried He carried my sins far away. Far away, so why am I struggling with what Jesus already taken care of? Burying my sins, so I don’t have to be buried with them. Rising He justified freed me forever. Whom the son makes free is what? Free indeed. What are habits? What are struggles? What are insecurities? Not only am I free, but I’m free forever. It doesn’t end there. One day he’s coming back. And it will be a glorious day. I mean if that’s not enough to cry out, what is?

So I choose believe that Sunday was an expression of God really freeing me. I wrote a blog some years ago called Off The Chain. The chains are broken now. With that I can’t watch the stuff I used to enjoy for the wrong reasons. I can’t do stuff I used to do while at the same time knowing it was wrong. If I’m free, I got to live free. If I’m delivered, I got to live delivered. I can’t call myself free while still living bound. Some of us have been bound so long that we don’t even know that we’re free. Like Morgan Freeman’s character in Shawshank Redemption. When he finally got out of jail, he was still bound. He asked to go to the bathroom not knowing that he was free to go whenever he had to. Time to know it. Know that you’re free. The chains are broken. Walk in it. Live it.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
Follow me on Twitter @Big_Dusty
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!