Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Big Dusty vs Daniel Richerson

I said I was going to blog and I am sirs and ma'ams. Here's the proof. See, what this is? A blog. Wonderful invention it is.

Now you've seen them all. Dondria vs Phaffatt. Magic vs Ervin. Beyonce vs Sasha. I'm sure there's more, where people have like a split personality. Not necessarily a spirit, I don't want to call it that, but more like a persona they put on to hide who they really are. I guess that is considered a spirit, but I'm not trying to make this like a demonic thing. Granted with some people it is demonic. (*coughs* Jay Z *coughs*)

So, Big Dusty vs Daniel Richerson. To me there is a difference. Now just to remind or tell y'all the simple story of how Dusty came to be. I was in the 7th grade sitting in Home Ed, and two boys out the blue started calling me, Dusty. The reason being is that they thought I looked like "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, who is a Hall of Fame professional wrestler from the 80's. So that's basically the origin of Dusty. Years went by, and more and more people started calling me Dusty, so I took it as my own and added the "Big" part to it. When it came time to pick online handles, Big Dusty usually always came to mind. It become it's own persona. Big Dusty was somebody Daniel Richerson could never be. Big Dusty had guts. Big Dusty said what was on his mind and wasn't afraid of the reaction. Daniel Richerson is still this shy kid looking for love and attention.

Through most of the day, 4/6/10, I didn't post a status. Why? Daniel Richerson was lacking attention and wanted it. Big Dusty don't care either way. He'll say just about anything just to say it and not look for a response. Daniel will say something and if the response is negative, hiss heart broken. Very easily at that. The question comes, is Big Dusty a spirit or a different persona I created for myself? A mask in other words. Who do people like better? Who do people love better?

As most of you know, I love pro wrestling. Through the good and the bad, I've watched most of the time. I've heard wrestling personality Eric Bischoff say something like this, "You got to live the character in the ring and out the ring for it to truly work." Question again. With all the deaths that's happened within the wrestling community, could part of the reason be that the character took over the true persona and the performer didn't know how to control it?

Big Dusty is just a character. Daniel Richerson is the person behind the mask. It's almost like the Sherman Klump/Buddy Love type of thing with me, except Big Dusty is not evil.

I use Skype, btw add me: danrich618 , and I posted this status before I went to bed last night. "On Twitter/Facebook, I'm Big Dusty. In real life I'm Daniel Richerson. Daniel Richerson needs some growing to do. Big Dusty is there already." This really was the origin of the day break I took and the origin for this blog.

I recently got a new nick name, Double X L. I don't know who he is yet. Hopefully he's a good guy. I've heard it said that if you're called something enough, you start to believe and become it. Be careful what you call somebody because somebody with low confidence will take it and run with it. The Bible says that the power of life and death lies on the tongue.

Continue to keep me in your prayers. I surely need it.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!