Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Joy, No Strength. No Faith, No Strength

So, so? Are you guys like boyfriend/girlfriend? Steady dates? Lovers? Come on sporto, level with me. Do you slip her the hot beef injection? WHOA THERE! Where did that come from? haha...Breakfast Club if you didn't know. Best high school movie ever made, in my opinion. Besides the fact that no black people were in it...come on VH1, let it go.

By the way, I had a great time on my trip to Illinois. Nobody asked me how the trip was going while I was on the trip, and the same people that didn't ask while I was on the trip of course asked me when I came back home. Can we say irritated? CHEA! Anyway, before the flight home, my sister, Alisha, and I were at this lady's house. I shouldn't say this lady, but I forgot her name. (Ma, help me out) Apparently mom has been showing this lady my blogs. I got nothing against that, you know. The more the merrier! Actually I should say bored, but either way. The lady gave me two topics for future blogs. 1 being "Off The Chain" and the other being "Jesus had to pray, what's wrong with you?" I'm not going to talk about either of those on this blog, but just for the heads up for the next one. :D!

What I am going to talk about is no joy no strength, no faith no strength. I know I said in a status/tweet that I was going to mention prostitution in the church, and in a way I still am. You hear it said all the time, "The joy of the Lord, is my strength." Yeah, that really sounds good, don't it? But, do you really carry the joy of the Lord or do you let the Devil ride? (Shout out Deacon Moody, the coolest deacon I've ever met.) Do you carry joy, or do you carry hate? Some of us, including me, need to check ourselves. We say the right stuff, but do we really mean it? A lot of us are weak because of our lack of joy. By the way people can sense that, which is why you can't get through to people. We often use the Bible verse, "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy's gonna come in the morning." That's true, don't get me wrong. I truly believe that, but I think and believe that we can cause the night to linger longer than it has too. For some of us, the morning could've been here, but we let the Devil influence how we think and feel. Thus we stop believing. Thus we start to doubt. When people go to the altar to give their lives to the Lord, the verse found in Romans 10:9 "That if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved." A lot of people confess but they don't believe, and I think that's how we lose joy. In our heart, we truly stop believing thus we lose joy. Faith is also important for strength, because if we lose faith, we lose joy. My pastor defines faith as this, "You got to see it before you see it if you're ever going to see it." Now the Bible says, that life and death lies in the power of your tongue. So with faith, you got to see it, but I feel that speaking it will add more confidence to your faith. Now if you're gonna have faith, doubt has got to go. Trying to have faith with doubt is like trying to have a classy show on VH1. It's not going to work. I'm just saying if you're feeling weak mentally, maybe you need to get some joy in your life. Use your faith and speak that you will have some joy in your life. How to get joy, you ask? Jesus. Jesus can give you joy. As the late Rev. James Moore would say, "I know Jesus can give you joy! JOY! JOY!"

Moving on to something completely different. Obama and this fly. Really people? Is the news that slow? Even Peta got on Obama about it. I didn't know people cared much about a fly. If Obama had stomped his dog to death, then I would understand the drama. If Obama would've bit the a head of a live chicken, I would understand the news coverage. BUT he killed a fricken fly...let it go people. Let it go. Now let me say this, in honor of Peta, the next burger I eat, I'll do it honor of the fly that was killed.

So I can't think of nothing else to say. Thanks for reading. Thanks for showing this around. If only I could get some comments, ahem. Just asking. Anyway, I'll see y'all next time. Whenever that will be.

Stay Saved,

Daniel aka Big Dusty

P.S. If you noticed any mistakes, don't judge me. I didn't finish college.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel!!! This is absolutely amazing!!!! Its real and from my blogs I think you get Im just straight forward so I appreciate realness. Your right we say we have the joy of the Lord but sometimes its not what we really have!!! Keep writing friend!! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayla! Means a lot...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!