Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Still blogging, even while in Illinois

What's good y'all? I'm still getting used to the Central standard time, but I'm getting there. I sent out a tweet yesterday saying this blog was coming and I didn't get one response...it's not surprising, but it's all good. I'm going to keep doing this because it's my way to vent, and if you want to read and comment, the choice is yours. Let's get to some randomness.

I saw the movie The Secret Lives of Bees for the first time yesterday. It didn't make me cry, but if you're the type to cry at movies, this one would get to you. I think it was a good movie, but I kept getting frustrated. The main character, played by Dakota Fanning, ran away from home with the maid, Jennifer Hudson, and stayed with this family in South Carolina. To stay with the family, the main character told a lie, I guess to get the people to feel sorry for her. Why I kept getting frustrated is because I wanted know when the main character was going to get caught lying. Of course, my little sister, Alisha, didn't tell me anything. On purpose. Ain't it frustrating when you figure something is going to happen in a movie, but you can't find out when it's going to happen by another person? I know it is for me.

Changing the subject completely because it's my blog and I can do's what I wants. When people find out that I'm older than my little sister, they look shocked. Yes I'm older than Alisha. Yes she's in college, and I'm not. Yes she is more mature than me. La di freakin da, I shall not be judged for continuing with college and not being as mature as my sister. I shall not be judged for being and acting shy in public. Should I be myself every where I go? Yes, and I'm getting there, but until then, don't judge me. You judgers. Read the Bible sometime.

Speaking of the Bible, don't trust anyone else to be your source to know what the Bible says. Read the Bible for yourself. If you keep depending on other people for your source to the Bible, odds are they're going to lead you astray. Read and study for yourself. The Bible is the truth, and the Bible says that the truth shall make your free. How you going to be made free if you don't know the truth? So, the prop 8 situation in California. People are in a uproar for the decision to ban same sex marriages. I even see people jumping on the Bible and taking it out of context. That in itself is not surprising. That's why I say read and study the Bible itself. Is it wrong for a man to love another man? No. I love my father. I love my pastor down in South Carolina. I love the brother. I love you. Is it wrong for two men to live together? No it's not. If anything it's a good idea to have a roommate to split the rent. College dorms have two men living together all the time. The TV Show Full House is a prime example. Danny, Uncle Jessie, and Joey lived under the same roof. Now, is it wrong for a man to have sex with another man? Yes. I believe that sex is made to reproduce. I've heard it said and I'm going to use it now. I don't care how much two men rub against together, ain't no baby coming out of that. I don't care how two women much rub against together, no baby is coming out of it. I've always thought of it as a jigsaw puzzle. In a jigsaw puzzle, you can't put or leave a piece where it doesn't belong or it's going to incomplete. Men have a penis, and women have a vagina. That's a given. A penis is like a stick, and a vagina is like a hole. Follow me here. Putting the stick in the hole is common sense. It's not common sense to try to put a stick in a stick. It's not natural, and it doesn't work.

Transitioning as only I can, I got two words for Lebron James: GROW UP.

Being up here with moms has been a cool thing so far. We've definitely shared some laughs, and I can guarantee some more laughs are coming. It's 8:52 CST in the morning as I'm typing this and, as soon as my sister wakes up, she's making breakfast. I made breakfast yesterday, and it went ok. I was paranoid because I'm used to messing up all the time, but besides that it went ok.

Back to the NBA, we got the Lakers and the Magic in the Finals. Both of Shaq's former teams. I think the series has potential to be a good one. I think Magic has to do sorta what Lakers did when Shaq was in the line up. Go inside out with Dwight Howard. Also Magic need to stop making Turk a point guard. Turk needs to pass the ball. Rafer Alston needs to be on his "A" every game. If need be, go a little And 1. Rafer is a playground legend, and I think if he brings some of that in the Finals, the Magic is in good shape. Now for the Lakers. Play as a team. Play defense. Get the rebounds. Trust each other. Easy. I think the Lakers take it in 6. Lakers are easily the better team, and I think the championship experience will take them to the trophy.

Well that's all for this week. If y'all did read, I appreciate it. Stay in touch for more blogging next week.

Stay Saved,

Daniel aka Big d

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!