Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Take out the biscuts because here comes some gravy

Holy crud! What's happenin? Hope everybody's having a good week this week so far, I know am. I'll get into that in a little bit. I caught a little bit of the debate so I have no opinions on that. I didn't watch the VP debates last week because, well to be honest with you, I didn't want to. I had no desire what so ever to watch that. I heard it was a good debate though. I asked mom about tonight's debate and she said it was crazy. I don't know how to take that other than to move on.

I got a live version of the classic "We Worship Your Holy Name" by Kirk Franklin starting out this blog on Windows Media. To the reason I'm having a good week. A few weeks ago, God placed it on my heart to go on a fast. Now before you get ahead of me this was not a fast from food. It was a fast from the internet. I basically blew it off and didn't think much of it. This past Sunday however I decided that I would go ahead and do it. I started it Monday and will end it this Thurday. Now you may be asking, "How can you be on a fast from the internet, when you're on it now?" Well it's only during the day. From the time I wake up until my mom gets home from work, which is about 6:00 P.M. It's been two days thus far and it's really benefitted. I've studied good Word and have done some cleaning in the process. Without going into much detail, I'm basically studying the Bible on things I struggle with, and it's really opening my eyes. I'm asking for prayer these final two days that it will not be a waste and will serve it's purpose.

"Songs That Brought Us Over" by Kurt Carr is playing now. I've been slacking on my story a bit which is something I didn't want to do, and with this fast I'm on it's going to be difficult to work my way back into it. It still shocks me a little bit how people become hooked on the stories I write, or began to write but never finish. I guess if I happen to get subcribers on youtube with my interesting videos, anything can happen.

Something I thought about today. With all the drama on TV, on messageboards, etc, if people would open up and read the Bible, they'd find all the drama they want. I mean take time to read and study the Bible, and you'll find crazy stuff. Incest, rape, murder, love, lust...what else do you want? Now of course you should read the Bible for gaining understanding and to use it as a road map to heaven, I'm not disregarding that in the least. All I'm saying is, why waste time watching Soap Operas for drama when you can find it in the Word of God and learn from it at the same time? I guess that's just me, I don't know.

"I'm Gonna Praise Him" by West Angeles Church Of God In Christ Mass Choir is playing now. I'm getting tired, and I can't wait for what I'm going to study when I wake up. Hopefully when I get on at night I'll have some comments on the blog. Y'all have good one.

God Bless,

Daniel aka Big d

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!