Monday, October 20, 2008

Lecrae: Rebel...thumbs up, thumbs down?

2 thumbs way way......UP! This CD is one of the most increbible Rap CD's I've heard in a good while. From song 1 to song 15, just straight up crazy. Is it a must buy, in my humble opinion, yes. Musically, I loved it. Originality is something I look for, especially in Christian music. A lot of Christian rappers think they have to use secular beats to get sales and to get people to listen. I disagree sir. I've always said and always believed that Christian rappers can and should use oringinal beats. If you need a producer, http://www.myspace.com/speedygunz11. Great producer, and he's Christian. Speedy if you're reading, you're welcome. Anyway, back to Rebel, what a CD this was. I already talked about it muscially, now message wise, it was great also. The song Idenity comes to mind. All in all it was a great listen and the messages were inspiring. If you're a Gospel rap fan, heck if you're a rap fan in general, I highly recommend this CD.

This is just my opinion, so if you buy this CD and disagree with all I said...to each his own. Look foward to your comments. If you already have the CD, please share your opinion. Until next time, have a good one.

~Daniel aka Big d

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, you should also check out Tre the Third. His album isn't out until Spring 09, but he has some tracks up on his MySpace - www.myspace.com/trethethird.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!