Monday, August 18, 2008

Giants do die, the bigger they are they harder they fall...

Hide the puppies it's Cruella! Hey everybody, hope y'all had a good week, I know I did. Before I get this blog started, there's a song that really describes the way I feel right now. You can check it out here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjn6XOWylNE. Now for the soon to be famous, maybe, blogging.

So this past Sunday night we had a youth service at the church, but this wasn't your traditional youth service. It was more of a one night revival. If you watched the link I posted earlier, then you got what the hold night was about. if you didn't watch the video, the preacher spoke of giants dying. He came from 1 Samuel where David killed Goliath. We all know the story of David and Goliath, if you don't, then you need to start going to Sunday School. Basically Goliath was a Giant, and David slayed him. Then he cut his head off to get a"head" in life. HA...ok seriously. Anyway, what David did to Goliath in the physical, we need to do to our struggles in the spiritual. Got me? So like I said, this past Sunday night was just awesome. It was a blessing to all who went. After the service was over, young people were still crying out to God and going strong.

Just got done watching Golden Child, to which I think it was completely underrated. It's one of my all time favorite movies, to be honest. Eddie Murphy, the star of the movie, did his thing. Plus it was back when he was at his comic best. Not to say that Eddie still isn't funny now because I'm one of the few people in the world that actually liked Meet Dave. And there will be judging on my movie choices. I don't believe in judging, unless I'm doing it.

I think there's a difference between a dad and a father. In the Bible, one of the 10 Commandments is to honor your mother and father, that your days may be long, right? But what about your dad? What if your dad has not been a father? Plus I don't think that commandment necessarily means just your mom and dad. I think it includes all the fatherly and motherly figures in your life. You feel me? Like your pastor should be a fatherly or motherly figure in your life. Now if your pastor is not like that, notice I said should be. But is my question legit? What if your dad has not been a father? Do you still honor him? I know you love him, but do you honor him?

Thanks for reading. This is probably the most Godly blog I've ever done in a while, but I don't consider that a bad thing. So show love, leave some comments. Always remember that you can be a Bible Scholar, but if you're not also a Bible Follower, you're not going to Heaven. Be blessed.

~Daniel

P.S. Please charge any spelling mistakes or grammer mistakes to my head and not my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!