Thursday, October 22, 2020

DO YOU STILL BELIEVE?

 Isaiah 64:4 "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him."

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." 

The bible is still right. I know the phrase, "Holiness is still right" is the big cliche in the Pentecostal church. While I agree that Holiness is still right, but I question what are we really talking about. Are we talking about Holiness or are we talking about tradition? Are you talking about holiness or are we talking about style? 

Hebrews 12:14 "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

Romans 14:19 "Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things where with one may edify another."

How can you say Holiness is right when we can't even get along with each other sometimes? Holiness is right while at the same time what we say on Social Media...it's not adding up. 

1 John 4:20-21 "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also." 

How can we say holiness is still right while at the same time hate a person based on the lifestyle they live that may be different than how we live? So again, I ask, what is holiness? Again I say, the bible is still right. We're in the 4th quarter of 2020. The Bible is still right. Covid-19 doesn't seem to be going away, but the Bible is still right. Those verses I quoted at the beginning still hold up. I still believe eyes haven't seen the great things in store. I still believe God's promises are still yea and amen. I still believe His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I still believe 2 Chronicles 7:14. "If my people..." I still believe  in "they that wait..." 

The old song asks a question, "Whose report will you believe?" The response is, "We shall believe the report of the Lord." Do you still believe that God has the final say? I watched an interview with Dave Chappelle and Dave Letterman on Netflix. Chappelle, who is a Muslim, said, "I believe that God is in control, no matter what I worry about." I was going to write a post about are you walking about faith or by sight? It is written, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." I know, but the question still remains, are you walking by faith or by sight? Is what you're seeing affecting your relationship with your Faith?

Romans 10:9 "...that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart the God hath raise him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!