Thursday, August 25, 2016

CHECK YOUR SOURCE AND/OR YOUR LIGHT

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever" Hebrews 13:8

I learned that verse at a very young age. I was thinking about the "power" I heard the church used to have. Like there used to be wheel chairs and crutches on the walls. Then a question came to mind. Did the power change or did we forget how to use it? A better question might be did we ever learn how to use that power? We've seen the power in use, but were we ever taught how to use it? Either way I came to this conclusion, the power is still here. The church is still powerful. There's still power in the name of Jesus. Just because we don't use it right doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There's an old song that says, "Hold to His hand. God's unchanging hand." I think part of the problem we've let go on God's hand and we're trying to hold on to the man made tradition. As what was said in the Eddie Murphy classic, Coming To America, "It's also a tradition that times must and always do change, my friend."

So what is the problem? Why is it that we don't see the same move of God that we hear the older generation talk about? Are we trying to do what they did in the old days, but are not using the same power source that they did? I noticed that some outlets don't work because the light switch is off. Maybe the power source is not working because our light is not shining like it's supposed to. We tend to think we can do what we want and still think that we can have power. I understand that God can and does use anybody he wants to to get the job done. Don't get me wrong, but I also understand that the Bible talks about you can't serve both God and mammon (Matthew 6:24). Also the Bible talks about that Jesus would rather us be hot or cold because if we're lukewarm, He'll spit us out His mouth (Revelation 3:15-16).

We got to get back to the basics of this. If we're going to be who we say we are, we got to get back to the basics. Like fasting and prayer. Like, I don't know, following the 10 commandments. Praying for folks and not participating in putting someone down.

Believe me, I'm not casting stones. I said, "We."

If we want to see God moved liked he did before, we got to be connected to the power source like the saints of old. What they did back then still works today. Not talking the man made traditions. I'm talking about the casting out of devils. People coming to Jesus. People getting filled with the Holy Ghost. It can happen in this new age. We got to get back to the Lord. We got to get back to preaching Jesus.

What or who is this source I keep talking about? The source is Jesus. The source is where your help comes from.

Psalm 121:1-2 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

As the song writer put it, "Do you know Jesus? Does he live in your heart?"

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!