Wednesday, September 02, 2015

GRATEFULNESS BRINGS BENEFITS

So the other day my sister treated to see the faith based film War Room, which is a brilliant movie, and as we were leaving my sister said something that stuck with me. She said, "I'm just waiting on a thank you." As soon as she said that it hit me that maybe we haven't received our "you're welcome" from God cause he hasn't received a thank you. For example, you ever do something for people and never receive one thank you? You usually stop doing stuff for them because of their what? Ungratefulness.

Being grateful is not only polite, it has it's benefits. Old saying in the church say, when the praises go up, the blessing's come down. The problem with some of us is that we want the benefits but none of the work.  Kevin Hart put it like this, "Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to be the work in." I want to be an author one day. I hope to one day learn to play other instruments besides the drums. But I can't expect to get on a piano one day and automatically know the scales and the keys to put a singer in without any prior work. It has been said that some are just naturally gifted when it comes to pianos, but can't expect that for everybody.

Now I believe, my opinion, that God won't stop blessing because you didn't say thank you. I believe that's where grace and mercy comes in. They're not a excuse to sin or not say thank you, but it gives you chance after chance to say thank you. Shawn Bigby put it like this, "Lord I want to say thank you / I need to say thank you/ I gotta say thank you for always being there." Saying thank you should not be a forced thing. My sister shouldn't have had to ask me for a thank you. God shouldn't have to beg you to praise him. It's amazing that in Psalm 150 it's written, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Yet you seem to have to beg people to praise. A lot of us are so ungrateful it's no wonder we're going through what we're going through.

Ungratefulness can ruin relationships and future relationships. Cause you being ungrateful can travel like a plague and other people will hear about it and not do any favors for you. Imagine if God treated us like that. Imagine if because of our ungratefulness to God, He decided to cut us off. Imagine if because of our ungratefulness he never sent his son to die for our sins. Just imagine. How many of you are glad that God is not like man?

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!