Wednesday, July 23, 2014

ARE YOU PERFORMING OR BEING?

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Timothy 3:5.
A conversation with my sister prompted this blog. People know how to do church. People know how to dance, run, play the right chords, and make the right faces to get by. There's a difference between people that just do church and the ones that are the church. Church is not a building. Despite of what you may think. I learned a long time ago that the church is the believers. Which one are you? The ones that just do church, or the ones that are the church? 

Now let me say this that I'm not casting stones. I'm guilty sometimes of just doing church and not being the church. Before I changed the name, I called the blog site, Keeping It Real. I'm doing my best to not come off as a perfect guy. Please believe I'm far from perfect.

I heard it said that the anointing it will break the yokes. Dancing or shouting is all well and good but is anybody getting free? Or are all we doing is exercising? I'm half black, but I will say black people are known for enjoying a good beat. So with that being said, being saved has to be more than a dance, right? It has to be more than a song that gives you goosebumps and gets you emotional, right? I mean people get emotional over "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. That's not a gospel song. Then the question comes is being a Christian about putting a performance or is about becoming Christ like to the point where people see more of the God in you rather than you yourself? 

Rapper Lecrae who is saved has a song from one of his old albums that says:

"After the show, after the set, after the music stops what's next?
Will there be fellowship, prayer, disciples?
Will you open your bibles after the music stops

After it's over, after it ends, after the music stops, what then?
Will you understand that Christ is King?
Or will you just like the words we sing after the music stops"

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson
Big_Dusty on Twitter, Instagram, Vine, and SnapChat
BigDusty on Facebook
EastsideAfro.podomatic.com (New Podcasts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!