Thursday, October 24, 2013

WHAT YOU INHALE, YOU'LL EXHALE

You ever like hear the same message over and over then at one random moment it hits you like a dart? I think I've even blogged about it at one time talking about watch what you eat. What's in you will come out. Or as my mom would say all the time, "You eat fat greasy food, you'll be a fat greasy dude." I heard this all the time but never really had it sunk in before. When old folk talk about be careful what you watch, they mean it. Example, lately I've been watching Paul Mooney videos. Paul Mooney is a all time great comedian that's still working the roads. I believe the man is 80 or close to it. Anyway, Paul is not the cleanest guy in the world. The man wrote for Richard Pryor. The Richard Pryor. So one cannot expect him to work clean, and trust, he doesn't. So it wouldn't be surprising that if a situation got to a certain point, certain words might "slip" out. It's not really a slip though if that's what's you're inhaling. That's like eating nachos and then when you burp you have the taste of nachos and be like, "Where did that come from?" What you put in will come out.

So with all that being said, I got to listening to this song Paradise by Isaac Carree. The lyrics go like this, "Everybody wants to go there, but nobody wants to die.
So if you wanna see Him, you gotta live this life right, yeah.

Nothing's for certain, but this one thing's for sure.
We all gonna leave here, I pray I make it through them doors.

There will be (no more tears and no more pain).
I wanna hear Him (say, " well done," when he calls my name).
Can't wait to get to paradise (paradise).
Can't wait to get to paradise (paradise). Paradise."

I had this song on repeat. It was just sinking and sinking in. Most of us want to go to heaven. Nobody in their right mind wants to go to hell. But to reach a specific destination, you have to take the right directions. Can't go to heaven playing around with certain stuff that I know is unbiblical. Like the job I got terminated from, right? I went in and they trained us to operate under certain rules. I didn't follow the rules. I broke the rules and got punished for it. Was I mad? Yes. But I couldn't really be mad at the company because I did break the rules. They say if you know right you do right. I say if you know right and don't want to do right, it doesn't really matter.

One big pet peeve that I have is old religious folk talking down to young people like they don't know anything, and then wonder why the young people rebel. Got to use common sense. Another pet peeve is when old religious folk that has seen you grow up and at the same time treat you like you're still that teenager. Even though you're grown with a beard. But anyway, I believe young people do know better, they just don't care. Young people are not stupid. When they want to do better or be better, they will be better. Like for me, I didn't want to eat healthy. I thought eating healthy was not that important. Until I went to the hospital for congested heart failure and realized that this ain't a joke. I say keep teaching the young people the right way. The Bible says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Sometimes it takes something catastrophic for change to happen. 9/11 ring a bell? Before 9/11, unity in this country was not that important. After 9/11, even though it didn't last long, this country was for once United.

So let me say, to bring this all home, that there is a purpose for all that we go through. We can't waste time worrying about stupid people and what they think they know. The Bible says, "Study to show THYself approved." Keep on keeping on. And..

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!