Saturday, October 05, 2013

THIS BLOG POST SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST, BUT GOD

I've heard this all my life, "We're overcome by the word of our testimony."

So I went to this funeral. I was sitting all the way in the back because I didn't want to see the body. I'm definitely not about that life. Anyway there I was sitting in the back. Mind y'all I'm not a big crier. But I was getting emotional and shooken up. Why?

Ok for a long time my blood pressure has been a big issue. Only it took me a while to go to the doctor for it. When I finally did, I got medicine for it. I took it like I was supposed to and then I stopped taking it. Why? Good question. To be honest, I probably forgot one day and then the trend the continued. Plus in my own mind I was feeling fine so I figured I don't need it. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I was having a lot of issues breathing which caused a long time of sleepless nights. I figured it was one of those, "God is trying to tell me something" type thing so I didn't think to go to the ER or doctor for it. I figured it would blow off eventually. Well it didn't. So one Sunday night it got really bad and I had my little sister take me to the ER. Got to the ER, and not only couldn't I breathe properly, but I was sweating like I stole something. Now I'm a generational sweater anyway, but I've never sweated this bad. So not only couldn't I breathe, but I was sweating like a politician in church.

Again, I shouldn't even be here typing this right now. If my sister wasn't there to take me to the ER, I probably would've been hard-headed. So I was knocking on death's door, but I got another chance. That's why at the funeral, I was overcome with emotion. I got chills. I was scared to be honest. Just to let y'all know I am taking my medicine and I've changed the way I eat. Lifestyle change I wasn't comfortable with at first, but I'm adjusting to it. I still don't trust doctors. Oh let me tell you why. So I was laying on my hospital bed eating my lunch, and this Herman Munster, Google it kids, look a like came in to "check on me." Again I was eating during this. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "You'll be dead by 30." Now I think he was trying to tell me that, "If you don't change your way of living, you'll be dead by 30." But he didn't say that. Again I was eating my lunch. So in my mind I was thinking, "Dude, why don't you just shoot me and end it now?"

I was also told that my heart beat will never get back to where it's supposed to be. See why I don't like the doctors? But I one time read in the Word of God, "My flesh and my heart faileth:  but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." (Psalm 73:26, KJV) Thank you all for the prayers and concern. I will be fine. I will be ok. You know, I've heard all my life, "Doctors say one thing, but God." I never thought I would experience that.

Stay Saved,
Daniel Richerson aka Big Dusty
Twitter.com/big_dusty
Facebook.com/bigdusty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!