Monday, July 09, 2007

Reality Chapter 2

Daniel woke up about 5 hours late, and checked the fridge to see if he had anything to eat for lunch. The fridge was close to empty and Daniel’s wallet was empty which meant going out to eat was out the window. So Daniel got a soda and turned the TV on to see what was on. When he found something worth tolerating, he turned his mom’s lap top on that was left on the coffee table. As he signed on to the messenger he uses quite often, he got an IM from Briana.

“Elle Es says: Hey D!”

“Big d aka Daniel says: Hey Bri, how are you?”

“Elle Es says: I’m fine, how about you?”

“Big d aka Daniel says: I’m good. It’s been a while.”

“Elle Es says: Yea I know. This job has got me working hard.”

“Big d aka Daniel says: But I’ve seen you on plenty of times, and when I’d try to talk to you, I never get an answer. I was wondering if you were mad at me or something.”

The conversation ended after Daniel said that. She said nothing else, which made Daniel suspicious. Something just didn’t seem right. But in all that, Daniel still felt responsible, so he turned the lap top off and took the dog for a walk. While he would usually take his CD player with him, this time he took nothing but his cell phone and keys. Ginger, his dog, was just excited to get out the house. She was jumping all around as soon as Daniel touched her leash. So as they were walking, Daniel just let the thoughts run through his head on what just happened. Briana was a girl that Daniel thought he could possibly go out with if they ever met. With him living in South Carolina and her living in Texas, it made it hard for that to become possible, but Daniel still thought that it was a possibility. Reality on the other hand made himself known, as it has plenty of times with Daniel.

Daniel felt his cell phone buzz in his pocket and it was his sister, Alisha.

“Hey Dae’!”

“Hey Lish, how are you?”

“I’m just peachy and yourself?”

“I’ve been better, but all and all I’m good.”

“Awwwwwwww, are you okaY?”

“I’ll be ok,” Daniel said after laughing.

Alisha talked about how her summer classes are going in college, which made Daniel feel a whole lot better bout his life, not.

“So, what you are you doing?” Alisha asked.

“Taking your daughter out for a walk. She’s panting like crazy right now.”

“Oh, poor baby! Well, you have a good time, just wanted to check out on you.”

“Ok, Lish, have a good one.”

“You too. Bye!” Alisha said in a high pitched voice.

Daniel returned the favor and hung up. As Daniel and Ginger were heading back home, Daniel tried to shake his situation off by telling himself that he’ll get through it. He thought about a song that says:

“I just can’t give up now
I’ve come to far from where I started from
Nobody told me, that the road will be easy
But I don’t believe, He brought this far to leave me”

Daniel walked in his house, gave the dog water and a treat, and then got on his knees and prayed to God to give him strength to get through.

1 comment:

  1. I like post 2. I'm anxiously awaiting number 3!! Where is it?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!