Tuesday, June 16, 2015

NEVER THOUGHT I'D KNOW GOD LIKE THIS

June 11, 2015 marked 4 years since my mom picked me up from the hotel to take me to Greenwood, SC. The night before that my Dad and I slept in a bed for the first time in 3 days. More than that if we're talking comfortable bed. First time taking a shower in days. First time taking a good shower in probably weeks. Just coming off sleeping in a van in parking lots and spending the day at the park. Dad took Ginger, our dog at the time, to the human society. I really don't know what happened to her after that, but I like to think that she found a good home. I hate to think the worse. I wasn't the best owner when it came to Ginger...

Back to that day of June 11, 2011. Mom picked me up and I had some of my clothes in a garbage bag. I was badly in need of a haircut. And I got one. No charge at that.

A lot has changed since 2011. I've been in the hospital twice for high blood pressure. I got a full time job and got fired after a year and 4 months. Had a few temp jobs. Finally got my drivers license.  I became one of the sound men at church. I started teaching Bible Study on Wednesday Nights. To the same most of the same folk my Dad was the pastor over. Never thought that would happened. I remember when Bishop Johnson would ask me, "You're going to be preacher like your dad?" I would quickly shut that down. I really should've known better than that. My mom and Dad both teachers in their own right, and now here I am. My current pastor would ask me, "Daniel, are you ready to teach?" My eyes would get wide and I would say, "No sir." The seeds were watered.

Now negative, I'm staying under my mom's apartment at 28 wasn't a life goal I had in life. Neither was going to the E.R. Never thought I'd still be single and not ever have a date. I'm learning more and more that God's timing is not our timing. Never thought I'd have an EBT card at 28. Never wanted that to happen. Never thought I'd be starting the day off taking 6 pills for my blood pressure, weak heart, and one kidney. Never thought I'd be on a low sodium diet. But God is still faithful.

Song writer said, "Who would've thought I know You [God] this way?" I will admit that resistance is not my strong suit, but I am still here by the Grace of God. I'm also learning how to be myself. Like really not be ashamed of Daniel Richerson. I am who I am. I'm crazy. I'm learning I have a choice to be weird or mopey. I choose to be my weird self more than my mad mopey self. I tell my family all the time in responds to "You seem chipper today."I say, "It's better than the other mood right?"

God is not through with me yet.

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!