Sunday, May 24, 2015

EVERYDAY IS A MIRACLE

I've heard it said that everyday you give a gift. When you open your eyes, it's a gift. I was at the barber shop waiting to get my haircut and there was a conversation going on and it was talking about high blood pressure. Go figure that I happen to have high blood pressure issues, right? Anyway, I was sitting there and they were talking about high blood pressure and then something was said that really stuck. It was mentioned that this lady died of a sudden massive heart attack, and after further research it was found that she had not took her medicine in months.

Why did it stick hard with me? I already documented that I spent my Christmas of 2014 in the hospital. Before that I had not took my blood pressure pills in months. Through God's grace I didn't have a heart attack, but it easily could've been me. My blood pressure had 3 digits with a 2 in front of it. It was very very high. If I remember right, the lady in the Urgent Care said it was high enough for stroke.

So now when I wake up every day, I'm very grateful. Cause it's another night I didn't have a heart attack or anything like that. I make it a priority to take my medicine everyday when I'm supposed to. This past May 22, I turned 28. It's a miracle that I made it to 28. Song writer put it like this, "It's really no goodness of my own, but it's by the grace of God that I've been kept all this time and I still have the mind to go on."

Everyday is a miracle because it's written in the bible that the wages of sin is death. Some of us have done some stuff that we will never tell anybody. Some real diabolical things, but because of God's grace and mercy we're still here. We thank God for new seasons, but why not thank God for a new day that you made it to? I'm not going to say everybody, but for Daniel Richerson, everyday is a journey. Everyday I have a choice to make. I don't make the right choice every time. I don't live pure and holy every second of the day, but I'm trying to make the right choice.

Old song says, "I am a promise. I am a possibility. I am a Promise with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of potentiality. And I'm learning to hear God's voice and I am trying to make the right choice. And I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be."

I'm learning to live by this creed. Like the song says, "I say to my soul, soul take courage. The Lord will make a way somehow." Sometimes you really have to encourage yourself. It's not just a good slogan or a good quote. Put some action on it. 

Stay Saved,

Daniel Richerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Comment one! Comment all!!